Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happily on my "second round"

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 570 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I have four kids, two in their late twenties, and two  under six.  Sometimes, when people hear this, they look at me like I have lost my marbles.  I am so happy to be a mom to all of my kids, but the first time around, I was very young-- under 20 when I started-- and the second time, both children were born after I was forty.   I am enjoying the chance to be a "grown-up" mom, even though I really notice how tiring things are now.  I am interested in writing about being a mother of young children  at different stages of life.  Thanks for this group!

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michelle2931
by Michelle Owner 2 on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM

"Welcome, to the group!! Glad you joined.  Are you a Grandmother yet?

I bet it is different having children when you are older.  When were younger we are still self centered and that doesn't work to well when your raising kids.   

I would LOVE to have a few more but, that is not going to happen but, I am blessed with a 4 1/2 year Daughter.

wiseacre
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  Not a grandma yet, though it might not be far in the future.  That will be interesting...

Michelle2931
by Michelle Owner 2 on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM

We had a member here who had a child younger than her grandchild.  That would be strange.  My stepdaughter is 30 so that could have easily happened with us, lol!!!

Quoting wiseacre:

Thanks for the welcome.  Not a grandma yet, though it might not be far in the future.  That will be interesting...

xxMichellexx
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I am 42 and 15 weeks pregnant with number 5 :) My kids are 13,12,10 and 4... Had my first at 28 and this bubs was a complete suprise lol... My DD is 17th december and i wil still be 42 :)... i will give updates during my preganancy as a mum to be  over 40 about how we are going ect... and if there are any other mums pregnant drop in and say hi :) I am still in shock to lol

Michelle2931
by Michelle Owner 2 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Welcome to the group and a big huge CONGRATS on your pregnancy!  That would be great to hear all the updates and U/S pictures!! 

Quoting xxMichellexx:

I am 42 and 15 weeks pregnant with number 5 :) My kids are 13,12,10 and 4... Had my first at 28 and this bubs was a complete suprise lol... My DD is 17th december and i wil still be 42 :)... i will give updates during my preganancy as a mum to be  over 40 about how we are going ect... and if there are any other mums pregnant drop in and say hi :) I am still in shock to lol

bryncalyn
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Welcome to the group! Glad you both are here! I had my first at 37 and second at 39. Two is it for us although if we had been younger we definately would have had more!

happy2b101
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM

a big welcome to both of you.  you're in the right place!  =)

shabbygirl
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I so agree with you. i had my first two boys at 20 22, my third boy at 30 and my last one and i call her my golden egg at 43 and im so enjoying it a little more as i feel so much experienced and wiser and more mature : )

nova.mommy
by Kristi Owner 1 on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Welcome to you all!   I was 38 and 40 when mine were born.  I am not on my second time around, but I have two nephews who ar in their 20's that I was very close too when they were younger.  When I got married, at 30, I moved away from them, one was in his early  teens and the other was about 10-11.

wiseacre
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I do feel much more confident as a mom this time around, and I have let go of some concerns I had the first time around.  On the other hand, the things that used to make me a little crazy now really drive me nuts, so my priorities and rules are firmer, there just aren't as many of them.   I guess we are always learning as we go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN