Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happily on my "second round"

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 387 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I have four kids, two in their late twenties, and two  under six.  Sometimes, when people hear this, they look at me like I have lost my marbles.  I am so happy to be a mom to all of my kids, but the first time around, I was very young-- under 20 when I started-- and the second time, both children were born after I was forty.   I am enjoying the chance to be a "grown-up" mom, even though I really notice how tiring things are now.  I am interested in writing about being a mother of young children  at different stages of life.  Thanks for this group!

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michelle2931
by Michelle Owner 2 on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM

"Welcome, to the group!! Glad you joined.  Are you a Grandmother yet?

I bet it is different having children when you are older.  When were younger we are still self centered and that doesn't work to well when your raising kids.   

I would LOVE to have a few more but, that is not going to happen but, I am blessed with a 4 1/2 year Daughter.

wiseacre
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  Not a grandma yet, though it might not be far in the future.  That will be interesting...

Michelle2931
by Michelle Owner 2 on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM

We had a member here who had a child younger than her grandchild.  That would be strange.  My stepdaughter is 30 so that could have easily happened with us, lol!!!

Quoting wiseacre:

Thanks for the welcome.  Not a grandma yet, though it might not be far in the future.  That will be interesting...

xxMichellexx
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I am 42 and 15 weeks pregnant with number 5 :) My kids are 13,12,10 and 4... Had my first at 28 and this bubs was a complete suprise lol... My DD is 17th december and i wil still be 42 :)... i will give updates during my preganancy as a mum to be  over 40 about how we are going ect... and if there are any other mums pregnant drop in and say hi :) I am still in shock to lol

Michelle2931
by Michelle Owner 2 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Welcome to the group and a big huge CONGRATS on your pregnancy!  That would be great to hear all the updates and U/S pictures!! 

Quoting xxMichellexx:

I am 42 and 15 weeks pregnant with number 5 :) My kids are 13,12,10 and 4... Had my first at 28 and this bubs was a complete suprise lol... My DD is 17th december and i wil still be 42 :)... i will give updates during my preganancy as a mum to be  over 40 about how we are going ect... and if there are any other mums pregnant drop in and say hi :) I am still in shock to lol

bryncalyn
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Welcome to the group! Glad you both are here! I had my first at 37 and second at 39. Two is it for us although if we had been younger we definately would have had more!

happy2b101
by **Star poster** on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:14 AM

a big welcome to both of you.  you're in the right place!  =)

shabbygirl
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I so agree with you. i had my first two boys at 20 22, my third boy at 30 and my last one and i call her my golden egg at 43 and im so enjoying it a little more as i feel so much experienced and wiser and more mature : )

nova.mommy
by Kristi Owner 1 on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Welcome to you all!   I was 38 and 40 when mine were born.  I am not on my second time around, but I have two nephews who ar in their 20's that I was very close too when they were younger.  When I got married, at 30, I moved away from them, one was in his early  teens and the other was about 10-11.

wiseacre
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I do feel much more confident as a mom this time around, and I have let go of some concerns I had the first time around.  On the other hand, the things that used to make me a little crazy now really drive me nuts, so my priorities and rules are firmer, there just aren't as many of them.   I guess we are always learning as we go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)