Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi all!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 233 Total Views

Hey all! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 42 yr old mom with two DC 16&18. We are now also foster parents to an one year old and an 11 month old. We are trying to decide whether to adopt one of the little ones. That is part of my reason for joining the group. I want to get a feel from the moms here on raising a little one in your 40's. I was only 24 &26 when I had my kiddos. I know it will be very different this time around! Amy

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HarrisonMD
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Hey Amy...my name is Melanee and I'm 40 with two little ones who are adopted...DD is 2 yrs and DS is 2 months, both are from the same BM, but different BF. DH is also 43, so this is new to us too...we are military and live in TX at Ft Hood, right now DH is in Korea (BOO), but we are doing well and enjoying every day...day by day! lol...I will tell ya that if you can adopt both....GO FOR IT! There is an adoptive mom's group on here too...check them out! Good Luck and Welcome!

hugs

nova.mommy
by Kristi Owner 1 on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Amy!  My name is Kristi and I have a DD who is 6 and a DS who is 4.  I had DD when I was 38(almost 39) and DS when I was 40.  Kiddos at our age is a blast.  Their views on things that are common for you but new to them is fun.

AMYinOREGON
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Are you Army??? I am an Army brat. My Dad was career and retired when I was 15. Can't imagine a better way to grow up! Amy

wiseacre
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Welcome!

cjsk
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Hi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GE1
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Hi Amy and welcome to the group. I am Helen, 45 and a first time mom to a 6 month old DS. I started my family late in life as I only met my husband when I was 42. He is 47 first time married and first time dad. Whereas I was previously divorced. That's my life in a nutshell

CafeMom Tickers
happy2b101
by **Star poster** on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM

hi, welcome to the group!  I say GO FOR IT!  yes, it is tiring but worth it!  =)

asmoni
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Very worth it. My older two are 21 and 17 both biological children. My youngest just turned 7, we adopted him at birth. I'll be 46 next Friday, I also have a 7 month old grandson.

Tracey
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN