Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just found out that my ex's girlfriend (40+age) is jealous! WtheHeck?!

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 246 Total Views
When I was told to not enter the house of my ex when helping my daughter with her luggage, I found out that the order came from my ex's current girlfriend. I am confused by this. Reason, it is very clear that my ex and I have no interest in each other. There was no relation between us (and never will) ever since my daughter was born. Matter of fact, my ex and I even had trouble saying "hi" to each other because of troubled past experiences.

My daughter said that she's just jealous of every woman who has something she wants, being that I have a daughter with the guy. I was told the girlfriend wishes that I didn't exist, that she is more deserving to have my daughter to be biologically hers. Crazy!! This woman is also forty-plus (a year older than me) and has two very handsome boys from a prior marriage! My daughter is now 21 and has been around much longer than the existence of the woman's relation with my ex.

Q: Why would a woman in her mid 40's be jealous of other woman of this magnitude to begin with? She has had a life before my ex. with two sons. Why can't she accept the same with others?

Thanks in advance
by on Aug. 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anawan
by Member on Aug. 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like she just has some self esteem issues or something.  I would just ignore her.  She is your ex's problem, lol.  Don't let her get to you.  She is being ridiculous.

LaughsAlot
by Liz on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree or is very insecure in her relationship with your ex...I'd not worry about it too much if I were you, unless she starts getting really weird!!good luck

Quoting Anawan:

Sounds like she just has some self esteem issues or something.  I would just ignore her.  She is your ex's problem, lol.  Don't let her get to you.  She is being ridiculous.

Michelle2931
by Michelle Owner 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree she does have self esteem issues.  Maybe, your ex has said something nice about you? I would try to stay far away from her as long as she wasn't trying to bad mouth you in front of your daughter I would laugh it off.

happy2b101
by **Star poster** on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably insecurity like others said.  If I were you, I would just respect her wishes and not go in the house and keep the peace.  Pick your battles, you know?  It's her issue and she looks silly but you look mature if you just politely tolerate her.  It is too bad when you have to deal with exes and their new relationships but it is what it is, right?  =)  I've heard some crazy stories from friends so it could be worse, lol.

bryncalyn
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Just keep about your merry little way and let it be a source of amusement. Just be careful not to make it a joke between you and your daughter. You don't want to flame your ex's girlfriend's insecurities and cause her to actually lash out.  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN