Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please introduce yourself here

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2008 at 3:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 762 Total Views

Lets hear about you ladies. What brought you to us? Are you a noachide or just want to learn about it?

To be a leader, you have to care.
To be a GREAT leader, you have to care GREATLY - Rav Noach Weinberg

Please pray for HaRav Yisroal Noach Ben Hilda for a refuah shalaima

aish.com the #1 Jewish web site!
by on Aug. 18, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dvora
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2008 at 3:17 PM

I will start. My name is D'vora. I have 3 kids B"H. I am a Torah observant Jew who is always wanting to learn more. I am very interested in learning more about Noachides. I do not know a lot about it so I am also here to learn.

I also started this group in order to help people be more aware of the idea of the seven laws of Noach. Sheva B'nei Mitzvos. Most people do not know that this is an option.

I look forward to hearing from everyone who joins our group.

Petie
by on Aug. 18, 2008 at 3:20 PM

I'm Katherine.  I have 4 kids total, though the oldest is my husband's from a previous marriage who only lives with us occasionally.  I always let people know that because sometimes I refer to 4 kids, sometimes 3 depending on what I am talking about and don't want people to think I am inconsistent or tend to lose one child regularly.

My husband and I are on a spiritual journey and through this we have found that judaism fits us best, but we aren't sure whether we want to actually convert or not.  So we are learning as much as possible, and heard about Noachides.  So now we are looking into this. 

I hope to get to know you and learn alot together.

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 18, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Hi, I'm Brooke. Jewish mom of 2. I am always looking to learn. That is what brought me here. I am looking forward to it.

OkieNoahide2
by Member on Aug. 18, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Shalom!

My husband and I are observant B'nai Noah from Oklahoma simple smile

we came out of cristianity in 1993 and have been working with Rabbi Sitzman and Rabbi Schwartz in Jerusalem since about 1997 or there about..... Any way our web site is http://www.okbns.org/ if we can be of any help, please do not hesitate to ask... we dont ave all the answers but we do know how to get them wink

I look forward to getting to know you!

Shalom

Pam 

Dvora
by Group Owner on Aug. 18, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Shalom and Welcome ladies!

I am so glad that we have someone that can guide us with this new group!

Please tell your friend and lets get more people involved.

aridattebayo
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2008 at 9:45 AM

I'm Ari and I'm almost 26. I'm a single mom to one girl who is almost 2. Yes, I'm Noahide. I've been trying to find a rabbi so I could finish converting but I've had no luck. Maybe G-d wants me to wait, I don't know. I'm trying to get back to how I was, I sort of lapsed out of things for awhile.

~ Ari ~
mommy to Arianna Madison, 1/15/07 and fur baby cat Jezebel (1/1/06)

~I need a nap, un!!~

BubblesB
by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Hello my name is Tracy I am a 27 year old SAHM to a 2 year old boy. My husband and I have been married 4 1/2 years. I am a former Satanist trying to find my way out of a belief that lead me down a very long hard path.

OkieNoahide2
by Member on Jan. 19, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Quoting BubblesB:

Hello my name is Tracy I am a 27 year old SAHM to a 2 year old boy. My husband and I have been married 4 1/2 years. I am a former Satanist trying to find my way out of a belief that lead me down a very long hard path.

Shalom Tracy!

How wonderful to meet you! I am encouraged by your strength and your courage! If I can be of any help in your journey please do let me know. If you go to our website you can contact me by writting to us on our contact page. www.okbns.org  there are also free downloads with information about holidays and prayers etc.... We are here to help if we can ;-)

also we host weekly discussion with Rabbi Dov on the www.virtualyeshiva.com in the Noah Chat room every Tuesday Evening 8pm central time. Please consider joining us there.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Shalom

Pam

oraleemo
by New Member on May. 15, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Hello,

I come from being a Christian about 25 years.  Give or take about three or so years I knew I loved G-d but also knew I had to start shedding many doctrines layer by layer.  I found the beginnings of a global Noachide list on the net and felt divine confirmation that this was what I had become.   (Early nineties)  I have no intent to convert to Judaism.  I tried off and on for many years to attend church for spiritual growth and socialization.  As a single women I struggled with listening to lectures espousing beliefs I no longer have.  I don't make friends either because Americans are increasingly isolating and they believe I have never truly been saved and am going to hell just as I am.  If I were really a Christian...  Anyway! 

Today we have a reformed rabbi and temple that we go to a few times a year and consider it our Jewish home.  We attend a local Christian church with our only local family members (cousins).  I'm not trying to sell out.  I skip holidays that are sever like Easter, I also miss on occasion do to work.  I want my daughter to know commitment, reliability, discipline, priorities, community... that come from making a regular habit of religious attendance.  I want her to know what it's like to spend family time together sharing important priorities like "the God thing" even though we have differences.  And I want her around positive people and influences.  Christians are trying to love God and serve His will and society the best they know how.  She needs all three of these - Strong values instilled, family time and positive local influences.  The net doesn't cut it and I can't afford the gas nor work schedual to use the temple services.  It's just not practical. 

We have daily devotionals consisting of prayer, songs sometimes, and reading a story book according to attention span.   We will not be able to attend the Sukkot get-to-gather this year either but will try to get the time off next year.  

Well this is some of who we are.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)