Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holidays

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:17 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 506 Total Views

What holidays do Noachides celebrate?

by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
OkieNoahide2
by Member on Jan. 19, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Shalom,

If you go to our website www.okbns.org you will find information about the Holy Days we keep.

We personally Honor:

Passover, Chanukah, Purim, Sukkot, Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, Atonement is an option, We can also choose to do all of the fast days.

If I can be of any further help please do feel free to ask :-)

Shalom

Pam

oraleemo
by New Member on May. 15, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I just found the group out of OK and love it.  I would be interested in saving money for a female prayer shawl but if I have to make it myself, forget it. 

We have Shavuot  up.  The holidays was one of a few influences on my converting from xian to G-d Fearer almost fifteen years ago.  I have been single all these years and praying for my family to be.  I am now a single mother by choice with many "next level" questions.  Since we observe seven laws instead of the Moses - 10 what do we do with this concept?  We like the majority of us have a Christian background, family and support systems with this religion concerned for our spiritual welfare.  The OT is filled with "the Spirit of G-d" versus.  Do we use this holiday Shavuot/Penticost as "common ground" with our loved ones and a teaching opportunity to show our kids gratefulness for G-d's Spirit.   How do we acknowledge the Spirit of G-d without getting into a two part Trinity concept?  My daughters not old enough to ask questions yet but I would like to start preparing.  I know and spent many years teaching others the Christian answers and am strong in my love for G-d but can no-longer "wing it".  Many Noachide lists don't allow honest questions for fear of proselytizing.  Please let this group be a good place for us moms to be honest and exchange info and ideas.

I have tons of questions but need to pace myself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)