Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hallo from North Carolina!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 259 Total Views
I found this group because I found a German mom that just got a tree widget. I'm a German citizen but have lived in the US for over 20 years. First 20 were in New Jersey. Like it here in the south much better. Am mom to an 18 year old boy, in college in NJ, a nearly 3 year old lil boy, and 3 spoiled cats. Oh and I have a husband too.

562792_1206737570_phoenix.jpg cafemom siggy picture by Rheinrose22

by on Mar. 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
germanmom76
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2008 at 1:44 PM
HI! I'm German too. I moved to the US in 2005 and married a soldier. We are now on Fort Wainwright Alaska. I have a 2 year old son and a 4months old son.
So where in Germnay are you from?  Jean
Ladyhawke
by on Apr. 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM
I'm from Karlsruhe. For those of you who're "geographically challenged", it lies by the Rhine river, it's about 25 minutes to the French border (Alsatia),
and it's at the foothills of the Black Forest. To get to Frankfurt Airport you drive about  2  1/2 hours, and about 40 minutes to Heidelberg.

Oh I HOPE THIS GROUP WAKES UP!
Quoting germanmom76:

HI! I'm German too. I moved to the US in 2005 and married a soldier. We are now on Fort Wainwright Alaska. I have a 2 year old son and a 4months old son.
So where in Germnay are you from?  Jean
germanmom76
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2008 at 1:22 PM
oh wow Karlsruhe is like 35 kilometers from where I grew up, but on the other side the the rhine river though. I grew up close to Landau, you should know that then... that's so cool!
Ladyhawke
by on Apr. 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM
I remember sort of...is Jockgrim anywhere near there that's where my Mom's best friend lives. What I remember of that region is all the small vineyards and my Dad bringing home "new wine" every fall when he worked for Exxon (Esso) raffineries before they sold it to India (of all places). Can you imagine dismantling a whole plant brick by brick and shipping it !
Neuer Wein und Zwiebelkuchen lecker!

562792_1206737570_phoenix.jpg cafemom siggy picture by Rheinrose22

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)