Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help!

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

My fiance's family is all from Germany, and he was telling me the other day that he misses doing the whole German Christmas traditions, etc, and that he wishes that I would try to learn German, etc.... Well anyway, I thought I'd try to suprise him by sticking some German things in his stocking. Of course- they have to be authentic from Germany items.

Problem is: I have no idea where to even start, and would LOVE help! Thanks

by on Nov. 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GermanMami
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2008 at 11:35 AM

If you've got a Costplus close by, they always have a ton of German stuff, especially around the holidays now.

You can also go online and check out Germandeli They have pretty much everything a German heart desires ;)

Good luck! :)

texasgypsy
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2008 at 12:09 AM

germandeli is great...............i don't know how far you are from tulsa but they have a great german store there. your fiance might like going there for the food as well. it's called siegis, www.siegis.com. anyway, i hope you find what you're looking for. if you do a search on german christmas traditions a bunch of sites will show you the way.   good luck

If you are worried, pray! If you prayed, don't worry!
1stmomma07
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2008 at 4:42 PM

There are websites that send german candy to the U.S. If your interested in making something German for Christmas dinner let me know. Ive been here for 4 years but now that i have a family here in the states i am still having the same traditions here, my husband loves it. Anyways ill be more than happy to send you some recepies.

Viel Glueck

Viviane

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN