Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New at this

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 440 Total Views

My Husband has been a Journeyman lineman for over a year now and we have been together over 15 years. Well he was recently laid off a couple months ago and was hired right away by another contractor in another state. We purchased a house 2 years ago so moving for all of us is not a option. Besides, he may be moving again somewhere else. I am not use to him being away everyday or seeing him every month or so. I am very stressed out and worried about how this is going to effect all of us. The kids are 4, 11 and 13. A handfull to say the least plus we have 30+ chickens and a jack russel terrior. I dont know how people deal with this and could realy use some advice.

Thank you,

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cherylmommy
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 8:37 AM

I've noticed that this group is kind of slow, so feel free to email me anytime at cheryldietz@sbcglobal.net.  My husband has been a lineman for over 6 years.  We are in the Chicagoland area, where you think work would be booming, but he's been pretty much laid off here since last May, with the exception of a few storms and small jobs.  This year alone, he has travelled to NY 4 times, Washington D.C., North Dakota and he's been in South Dakota for the past 2 1/2 months.  I have a 7 and 4 year old, so I know how it can be.  Not only is it stressful for us, but our kids too.  Mine have adjusted quite well because I have enforced since they were really small what an important job Daddy does.

It's enough for me just to take care of my household, I don't know how you do it with all the chickens!!  We have never thought of relocating anywhere due to the fact that work for lineman is forever changing, why keep uprooting the kids.  My husband tries to make it home when he can, last time was labor day weekend.  Please keep in contact, like I said I have been doing this for over 6 years, through months of hurricanes, ice storms, etc.  I does get overwhelming, but support is the best thing you can have in this trade for the wives. 

BTW, my name is Cheryl, and please whenever you want feel free to email me:)  I'm here!

journeymanslady
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Thank you I will contact you. I realy need to talk to someone who understands.

Shelley

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)