Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi to All

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 470 Total Views

Good Morning maine mamas....

My name is Cissy. I am relocating to Caribou Maine in mid june from san antonio texas. 
I have a 3 1/2 year old son and a 1 1/2 year old daughter. I am looking at getting my son into preschool for this winter, however with his birthday not being until late November, the one preschool I know of he is not accepted because the child has to be 4 by october.

Is there any other options in the area for headstart/pre K type education?

Thank you so much for the help.

toddler boyMason Kai 11/20/2006   baby girlKailah Vally 10/27/2008

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
katiesmama33206
by Member on May. 31, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Hey, i just relocated from Mass to mapleton me (outside of presque isle), its right near caribou. Im from a city so its a defninite culture shock, have you been up here before? Im not sure about preschool up here because my daughter is 6 months

CissyB
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I have been there to visit my folks.  I lived in alaska for 3 years prior to living in san antonio, so not much of a culture shock lol

katiesmama33206
by Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM

wow alaska! what part? my husband wants to move up there, im not quite sure about that one lol...

CissyB
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM

We lived in wasilla and anchorage (southern). Anchorage is the largest City and mildest winters. My parents who live in Caribou lived there for quite sometime and say that Anchorage weather and Maine weather are very similar except the winters in Maine are a little less harsh.

We loved the weather in the summer there and the air is so fresh.  And as long as you dress right the winters are not that bad.  Anchorage has normal city things and indoor pools. They even have an indoor water park type called H2Oasis.   The city library has a reading circle for babies/toddlers. It's a great environment.

Nykkii
by Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Do Headstart! They take them from 3 up! I'll find you the number... hang on...
Nykkii
by Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:19 PM
The number (toll free) is 1-800-432-7881. They should be able to send you an app in the mail. Make sure you specify you are going to live in Caribou to ensure you get the right info. The office that number goes to is in the next town over from Caribou :) Umm.. They have Early Headstart too.. It's new. It's for birth until they turn 3. They only do the in-class one in the town over from Caribou but they do home visit ones in Caribou! So you can get an app for that too!
Nykkii
by Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:21 PM
The library in Presque Isle (15 mins from Caribou), has a HUGE Children's section. It has it's own floor. They do lots of stuff there. They also have a nice little library in Caribou that does story time every so often. I'm not sure of specifics though.
CissyB
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Thank you so very much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)