Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yep! Fenugreek is definitely the culprit.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 1614 Total Views

Well, even though fenugreek caused a dramatic and immediate DECREASE in my supply a couple of months ago, and several months before that, I decided to try again with a special formulation from Motherlove called More-Milk-Special-Blend. It's made with goat's rue and blessed  thistle but it does contain fenugreek. I got started with 2 doses after it came in the mail yesterday (full dosing is 4x per day) and even with that, my morning pump was dramatically LESS than it has been for months. It's usually about 7-8 oz. Today it was 4 oz!!! &%$@#! I'm so mad at myself. I hate that crap, damn it. Sorry, ladies. Had to vent. I am quitting in 5 weeks, but I thought I'd give it one last-ditch effort to go out with a bang. What a waste. Now I'm out $30, AND I can only hope this decrease is not permanent. I'll be pumping more often today, and drinking extra fluids. I can't wait to be done with this business, I'll tell you. 

CafeMom Tickers

wedding planning

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaiasMommy619
by Group Admin on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Oh man, well thankfully you will be done soon, but I hope it didnt mess anything up for you! I took it a few times and noticed NOTHING with it...I didnt even like taking it to be honest with you.

Caroline2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM

wow! ur almost done! YAY! i hate fenugreek too! it made me have bad gas! yeah sorry TMI! lol!

planetjanet23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM

MaiasMommy....Yes, I remember you were the only one I remembered saying that fenugreek didn't work for you either. But you didn't have a decrease, I guess. That's one good thing. Why did I try this other thing, even with the additional ingredients? Feeling dumb today. Not caught up yet, either. 

Caroline2010...I've heard that from others too. Ugh. 

kels81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:31 PM
Ummm-.yes! But I keep taking it :

Quoting Caroline2010:

wow! ur almost done! YAY! i hate fenugreek too! it made me have bad gas! yeah sorry TMI! lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by Group Owner on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:31 PM

i didnt like taking fenugreek cause i had to take 12 pills a day for it to work but it did for me. sorry it didnt work for you. but hey youre almost done!

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM

yeah my daughter just turned 11 moths on the 5th and i went from 6 to 8 ounces and now I just got 2.5 oz!!  Fenugreek does INCREASE my supply but i was going to maybe stop at 12 months even though I was aiming for 14 months.  Now I dont know if I should start back up for at least this last month!

rengoode
by Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Fenugreek did nothing for me so I don't even have that word in my vocabulary. I am sorry that the money was wasted. I take a combo pill for supply called Lactation Blend but is also has fenugreek in it :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
planetjanet23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Yeah, this one was a blend too, where F was not even the main ingredient, but whatever the cause, needless to say a decrease was not what i was going for. Thanks for the support ladies. I really can't wait to be done. Right now my family is trying to Skype me for my birthday and I won't answer yet because I have the stupid pump on. Grrr.

SaniyahsMommie
by Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Something similar happen to me when I first tried fenugreek, but this last time I tried it I was so desperate I tried it again cause my milk was going down. What I did different and I don't know if u tried this, but I started off with a high amount I did 3- capsules (610mg) and I took that 4x a day. And OMG my milk within 2 days went really up. So my thinking is that it does a slight drop that goes really up! Maybe give it another try but only if u have milk stored up in case the drop last too long. I wish u lots of luck :) let us know what happens
planetjanet23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM

SanlyahsMommie: Wow! That's interesting. I'm really glad it worked that way for you. I think I may be too scared to try that. In the past I tried 3 days of fenugreek and things did not get better, so I'm not going to do it with this new stuff, especially since it dropped my morning pump by almost half! I salvaged the day (mostly) by pumping more, and ended up about 4 oz short. Wondering how today will shape up. It's looking to be back up a bit (morning 7oz), so wish me luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)