Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other suggestions?

Posted by   + Show Post

I had mastitis twice, the second time bad enough to need antibiotics. I went from making 3-4 oz per side every 3 hours before the first time to about 1 per side after this second time. I did keep pumping, drinking lots of water, etc. I've taken fenugreek, mothers milk tea and I've been power pumping the last 3 days. I haven't seen any sort of increase at all. DS is getting mostly formula right now, I am not pumping nearly enough to feed him. What else can I try? I pump after hot showers (actually did hot baths, too, keeping the girls in the water the whole time- got a slight increase that time.) and I massage and alternate the speeds of the pump. I am at a loss at this point- he is 8 weeks old now, I really wanted to have him get breast milk til at least 6 months. 

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 4:21 AM
Replies (11-12):
Taterbugs_mom
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I feel like a pusher for Ameda, but I recently switched from the P&S and WOW what a difference it has made. My son is 9 weeks old and so far he only has had 2 formula feedings (the day before I got the Ameda). He is up to 4 oz now and I have 72- 4 oz. bags in the freezer! I am so excited! I pumped exclusively with my 6 yr old also and had to supplement with formula by 4 months using the Medela and gave up at 9 months all together. I never had enough milk to ever freeze. I actually only went with the Ameda because that was the pump my insurance would cover. I would suggest giving it a try before you get electrocuted pumping in the bath tub ; ) Best of luck to you!

carolyntx
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:59 AM
You can get the dom online without a script, if you post in the bfing group they'll be able to tell you more, or pm me and ill find the info for you but pm me or I'll forget!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN