Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long have you been pumping?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 505 Total Views
And how long do you plan to continue?
I started when my daughter was 7 months, she is 14 months now and I plan on continuing until she is 2.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I started when Dominic was about 2wks old
He's now 7and a half weeks and I'm still goin! I hope to do it until he's at least 1 and then if I can keep going I will

CandiceDanielle
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
As of tomorrow, I've been pumping for 6 months.(started when Jacob was 8 days old) I plan to keep on until he's 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SherriPie
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I've been pumping for about 7 months and I'm weaning from the pump now.  I have enough frozen to last until he's a year old or logner.

ADC2005
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Been pumping for 13 months now, plan on trying to make it till it warms up

AdamsWife0901
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I've been pumping for 13.5 months now. I haven't decided when I will stop. My freezer is full of milk so when I do she will be getting milk for quite some time after I stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ardiaxe
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Wow, this is great! So nice to see other mothers who have been pumping beyond a year, I think it's important for other pumping moms to see that it is possible to pump this long. That 1 year does not have to be the end, and that our toddlers continue to benefit from the hard work and dedication that goes into this :)
ardiaxe
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Quoting CandiceDanielle:

As of tomorrow, I've been pumping for 6 months.(started when Jacob was 8 days old) I plan to keep on until he's 2.

6 months is awesome! I wish you the best on your goal of 2 years, you are an amazing mom!
ardiaxe
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Quoting SherriPie:

I've been pumping for about 7 months and I'm weaning from the pump now.  I have enough frozen to last until he's a year old or logner.

Wow, that's a lot of milk stored, congratulations on having enough to last him his first year!
ardiaxe
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Quoting kelly617:

I started when Dominic was about 2wks oldHe's now 7and a half weeks and I'm still goin! I hope to do it until he's at least 1 and then if I can keep going I will

You can definitely do it, the 7 week point is very very exhausting, but it does get easier, I EP for my first baby from the very beginning and I remember thinking, wow, there is nothing harder in life than doing this. with time the benefit becomes very apparent. Good luck!
SherriPie
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Quoting ardiaxe:

Quoting SherriPie:

Wow, that's a lot of milk stored, congratulations on having enough to last him his first year!

Thanks!  It's roughly 5000 ounces, but I'm not exactly sure.  I was blessed with oversupply.  I was a milk donor for my first baby for a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)