Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More Milk Plus might be a miracle :)

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 502 Total Views

Just sayin!

I had a significant drop in my supply over the last few weeks as a result of a nasty illness I had :/.  I wasn't quite making enough milk for Leo, and he's now allergic to regular formula and Alumentum type formulas.  We are having to place him on Neocate now (not insuranceable :/) so I watned to give him as much of the "free" stuff as I possibly could!

I had tried almost everything these last few weeks including taking pills upon pills of Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek with NO results :/.  I was getting mighty discouraged.

But someone and my pediatrician recommended "More Milk Plus by Motherlove and I took it ONCE and my supply increased.  Glad I didn't take too much more because I would go by to my oversupply days LOL.  It did wear off today and I took another dose, and my supply immediately went up LOL.

It does taste mighty strong. It says to not take with liquids, but didn't say anything about food.....so I ate something with it and it helped with the taste :)

So proud of all I have....My big boy Caden and my little Leo.

by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HelloImMay
by Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I may have to give it a try thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babyshoe
by Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 2:17 PM

AWESOME!!! I tred it in the beginning without any luck, but I may need to give it another shot. Thanks :)

Babyshoe
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I just got over illness and need help! Was yours a tea , pill, or tincture

corrinacs
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Tincture.  Its strong, let me warn you, so you have to be prepared to use it haha.!

Quoting Babyshoe:

I just got over illness and need help! Was yours a tea , pill, or tincture

Babyshoe
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM

THanks...I have some so I'll give it a shot ;)

jlangdon81
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Best to place the dropper close to the back of your mouth to avoid as much of the nasty taste as possible. Take it as directed...every 6 hours I think. It works miracles!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs_nielson
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Is it an over the counter? And where did you get it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Yep, it is over the counter. But, you can really only find it at health food stores.  I found mine at Whole Foods :)

Quoting mrs_nielson:

Is it an over the counter? And where did you get it?

kelly617
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I tried it and I just couldn't handle it...maybe it was the alcohol in it?? I never drink so I was soooo not prepared
I had to go back and order the pills instead..hopefully those will help
BUT I do have to say the two times I was able to gag it down I noticed an increase within a few hours so it DOES work..but hoooboy is it nasty

corrinacs
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I KNOW!  It practically knocks me out!  But when I'm low I just deal with it.

Ialso noticed when I eat Quaker Oats (I usually have Cinnamon and Spice or Raisins and Spice) my milk production goes way up too.  I know you are supposed to do steel cut oats, but heck....that does enough for me LOL.

Quoting kelly617:

I tried it and I just couldn't handle it...maybe it was the alcohol in it?? I never drink so I was soooo not prepared
I had to go back and order the pills instead..hopefully those will help
BUT I do have to say the two times I was able to gag it down I noticed an increase within a few hours so it DOES work..but hoooboy is it nasty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)