Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hit a brick wall today (figuratively) *Update*

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 425 Total Views

I think I need a bit of encouragment today because out of no where today I just HATE being a feeding machine. With my first I gave formula the entire time so I never experienced this feeling but oh my gosh I am soooo sick of being a feeding machine. My ds is almost 6 weeks old so I have been pumping every 2 hrs during the day and 2-3 times a night now for 6 weeks. I can pump anywhere from 48-60ozs A DAY! I am so close to saying hello to formula its not even funny!

Update:

So I took the advice of some of you and cut back on pumping yesterday and today and Im much less overwhelmed by the whole pumping thing. Yesterday I pumped a little over 36 ozs and today so far I have pumped 35 ozs and I have only pumped 4xs and I still have at least another 3 pumpings to go today. Thank you sooo much for the help and encouragement!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
dahliapetal
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

wow you have a great supply! keep your head up and keep trying! BUT do what works best for you and what will make you happy.

CandiceDanielle
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this
You are doing an amazing job! I have felt that way many times and it does get better especially when you can go longer between pumping and give up middle of the night pumps.
But you gotta do what works for YOU. If wanna switch to formula,it's not the end of the world.
If you wanna keep pumping, we are here for you.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ardiaxe
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I know this feeling, I feel this way everyday and have felt it for quite awhile. I am past the formula age, so I'm mixing breastmilk with whole milk for some pumping relief. You have a great supply! Freeze all you can now.
I keep telling myself one thing, if I were to switch to something else, I would be trading one set of problems for another. Formula is easier, but is so much harder for baby. This is a gift that only you can give, and it's all temporary. You can ease up on the pumping very soon. Going every 3 hours, then eventually every 4.
OKmommy85
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Try going longer periods of time between pumps, it makes pumping feel so much more worth it. About 6weeks into i felt the same way. I'm now at a point where i pump 4 or 5 times a day and still making around 50-60oz. 

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

you're doing a great job! Just think about one day at a time. you can do it today!

newmomma1122211
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Quoting CandiceDanielle:

You are doing an amazing job! I have felt that way many times and it does get better especially when you can go longer between pumping and give up middle of the night pumps.
But you gotta do what works for YOU. If wanna switch to formula,it's not the end of the world.
If you wanna keep pumping, we are here for you.
Good luck!

corrinacs
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hey mama,

I know how you feel.  I am 4 months in going strong, and I def. have these feelings ALL OF THE TIME!  Its really cutting into my personal life and my work life :/.  But I have to do it!  Its best for baby, so keep that in mind :) :), but also realize that your own sanity must be intact as well :).

For me, its the difference between $1000/month or so :/.  Leo would have to be placed on Neocate and I def. do not have the money to cover that!  I prefer free :)

JCHovey
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)