Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help! question about Domperidone

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 432 Total Views
OK ladies I've read about the other post on this same subject but I do have a few other questions.. does anyone know anyone who has ever been able to fill their prescription under their insurance? I have medi-medi which is medical Medicare... I'm so desperate to keep my son on breastmilk but in all honesty idk what to do I can't afford to buy it from Canada and the women that I did know that were giving away what they weren't using anymore had already donated it to someone else.. I've basically tried everything I can n I can't afford to keep buying herbs that aren't doesnt work for everyone any advice would be appreciated
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I don't know about insurance. Many doctors won't even prescribe it, so I would call your Dr's office and see if they even prescribe it. Then call your insurance company and see if they would cover it.

My Doctor did not prescribe it, so I had to order it for out of country.

jadaswoop
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Ty I tried to buy it out of country and they want prescription so my ob finally got back to me and they gave me prescription for reglan I guess its covered by my insurance
Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM

you can it without a prescription for out of country. Reglan has a lot more side effects, I would be scared to take it. Domperidone is MUCH safer.

jadaswoop
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I know that's what I've read Im still trying to look for an affordable non rx site but most are 50ยข a pill... I want to stalk up on milk but I'm afriad if I put out for the money ill end up disappointed :( how well did it work for u? If u took it that is.... any advice helps
kelly617
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I wanted to take it but I couldn't find an online "pharmacy" that I was willing to order from....I was afraid they would just take my money and I'd never get the meds
I heard a lot of horror stories about the online "without a script" places just taking your money and never sending anything, or sending outdated pills or sending the wrong pills

mbailey23
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I told myself if all else failed I would switch to formula before taking a medication.  I'm uneasy about subjecting my son to the medication.  Although formula isn't my first choice, I'd rather not have him exposed to that sort of medication.  There are millions of children raised on formula and turn out just fine!

I hope you can find a solution!  To each their own.  I do know people who have tried Domperidone.  If you are able to get it I hope it works for you!

Sometimes formula is just the way to go.  Don't be discouraged.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN