Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think she is done, need some support.

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 461 Total Views
I've been pumping for my 17 month old and putting the breastmilk in the bottle. I let her self wean off of the breastmilk and she is finally there. She wants nothing to do with my milk. I give her goats milk in a cup now and she loves it. My goal was 2 years and despite my best efforts, she isn't having it.
I am having a hard time letting go of the pump. I don't think you can ever stop without some heartbreak. So ladies, I need your support in telling me that its ok to be done. I've become more attached to this process than my daughter. The commitment that this took was beyond tremendous. Somehow I feel like I'm letting my daughter down, even though she is saying she is done. I'm ready for this new chapter in my life of sleep and sanity.
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CandiceDanielle
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM
17 months is amazing! You've done a great job and it had to come to an end at some point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dahliapetal
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

17 months is a huge accomplishment. Way to go!

OKmommy85
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM

17 months is awesome! She's a big girl now and now you can spend more time with her, rather being strapped down to your pump. Congratulations on making it that long. I'm impressed!

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I finally had to realize that it would be hard and emotional for me to stop whether it was now, or 5 years from now. And obviously I wasn't planning to pump for 5 years.

It's ok to stop. And it's ok to grieve the stopping. You've done an AWESOME job!

ardiaxe
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Quoting CandiceDanielle:

17 months is amazing! You've done a great job and it had to come to an end at some point.

Thank you so much!!!
ardiaxe
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Quoting dahliapetal:

17 months is a huge accomplishment. Way to go!

Thank you :)
ardiaxe
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Quoting OKmommy85:

17 months is awesome! She's a big girl now and now you can spend more time with her, rather being strapped down to your pump. Congratulations on making it that long. I'm impressed!

Yes, I am looking forward to spending more time with my kids. No more alarms telling me to run inside to pump. Thank you for your support!
ardiaxe
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Quoting Bethbeth:

I finally had to realize that it would be hard and emotional for me to stop whether it was now, or 5 years from now. And obviously I wasn't planning to pump for 5 years.

It's ok to stop. And it's ok to grieve the stopping. You've done an AWESOME job!

So true, thst puts things into perspective. There has to be a stopping point and five years would not be it :). It is still just as emotional as when I quit pumping for my son at 3 months
babymaycker
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Seventeen months...that gave me goose bumps! You've done amazing!
corrinacs
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey mama,

Its ok to be done :) :).  If she's done, she's done :).  And its that age when most children wean anyway.  You did all you can.

If you feel that attached to your pump, have you thought about pumping to donate/  I thought about that when I was done with Leo.  I want to pump to donate to women whose babies have food allergies like Leo.  They can't be on formula because of food allergies!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)