Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 months and not sleep through the night yet

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

My almost 9 month baby is still waking up to eat every 3-4 hours throughout the night. I've tried co-sleeping and sleeping beside me in her own "bed," but it's still the same. She's a chubby, healthy little girl that loves milk and also loves table foods.

My first was formua fed and a failure to thrive baby. She hardly drank so she was always hungry and didn't start sleeping until after 1 years old. As I said, DD #2 is thriving well ;)

I feel like many bf babies are still waking at 9 months, but everyone that I know has babies younger than mine sleeping longer spans of time. Also, her doctor is pushing me saying I should let her CIO because she should be sleeping through the night by now. I was thinking of possibly giving her a little water in the night to see if that would be any different?

I was hoping for stories, advice, or thoughts from you. Thanks in advance :)

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CandiceDanielle
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM
My youngest turned 1 yesterday and still does not sleep through the night. I try water,sometimes he drinks it and sometimes I have to just give him milk. He still wakes regardless.

Babies under 1 get soo much percent of their daily calories at night,so it's normal that she's waking to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie27
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Sounds about normal. Ds is my first and he's 10 months now. He has slept through the night sense he was born, but my friends bf baby is 15 months and still wakes 1-2 times a night to nurse. My son is bigger than her dd too lol. I got lucky I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie27
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Do you have a nightly routine?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babyshoe
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Yes we do and she goes to sleep around the same time each night. She also wakes around the same times. She doesn't act really hungry, but will scream if I do anything else besides feed her

Quoting heathermarie27:

Do you have a nightly routine?

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

My dd started sleeping through the night at about 20 months. We didn't believe in CIO.

It doesn't matter what your Dr tells you to do about sleep, don't let him/her make you feel guilty. It's your decision.

Babyshoe
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Thank you for your replies :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)