Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 weeks pumping and going strong....most days. Any advice ?

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi ladies. My son, Joseph was born at 26 weeks and has been in the NICU almost 13 weeks. I have been pumping this entire time. My supply started off between 80 to 160ml per pumping session, now I am at 40 to 80ml. I worry that my supply will not be adequate in providing for my son. He is now 12 weeks and 7lbs and 2.97oz. I take the fenugreek supplement daily, 8 capsules a day...and I smell like caramel (good side effect). I stay hydrated, my eating habits are decent (for the most part). My nipples tend to get sore from the constant pumping :-( I think the pain decreases supply as well. I just came across using olive before and after pumping! DEAR GOD, it is a life saver!!!!!!!!! Nipple nervana! What can I do to keep my supply strong? Please help.
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Replies (11-15):
carolyntx
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
How often are you pumping? For how long? Are you looking at pics or pumping crib side? Pictures and deep relaxing breaths helped my letdowns when eping while mine were in the nicu. You're still doing great btw. How much is he taking per feed? s he taking a pacifier yet? If so they should allow you to put him to the breast and at least comfort nurse, it is great for him and you! The best way to stimulate supply is to nurse. My daughter first latched at 3lbs so don't let them say he's too small!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greeney1982
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM
What is that?

Quoting jlangdon81:

More milk plus! Worked better than anything else for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greeney1982
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I am pumping every three to four hours. I amp up to every two hours when my supply drops. I take fenugreek daily and my caloric intake is pretty good. Sometimes I look at pictures of my love bug. I do notice the more relaxed the better my output :-) I do not pump crib side due to an open floor plan NICU. There is a pumping area there though...I never seem to pump all that well in NICU pump room. He is is taking between 60 to 95ml per feed...65 being average. Yes ma'am I do put him to breast :-) out put is better on those days too. When I get him home I am hopeful my supply will increase!!!!

Quoting carolyntx:

How often are you pumping? For how long? Are you looking at pics or pumping crib side? Pictures and deep relaxing breaths helped my letdowns when eping while mine were in the nicu. You're still doing great btw. How much is he taking per feed? s he taking a pacifier yet? If so they should allow you to put him to the breast and at least comfort nurse, it is great for him and you! The best way to stimulate supply is to nurse. My daughter first latched at 3lbs so don't let them say he's too small!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlangdon81
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this
http://www.motherlove.com/product/530-More-Milk-Plus.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmomma1122211
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting jlangdon81:

http://www.motherlove.com/product/530-More-Milk-Plus.html

I absolutely love more milk special blend, usually if u search amazon.com or eBay.com you can find them for cheaper than at motherlove.com I've been eping since my dd was 6 weeks and she's now 8 1/2 months. Eat Oatmeal, water/ gatorade, sleep, if u notice a drop start pumping more!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN