Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else feel like...

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 285 Total Views
You are a prisoner to your pump? I'm not complaining as I know I'm doing what's best for my baby but I feel like my entire maternity leave has passed me by!! After feeding, burping, changing and pumping (in no particular order!) it seems like its time to start the whole process over again. I just feel like I can't do anything outside of my home as my day revolves around my pumping schedule! Now, I have to return to work, full time, in 3 weeks and I feel like I've missed out on time and experiences with my baby! :( How do any of you find time to do anything...even as simple as shopping???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LMoseley
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I felt the same way. I have really slacked on my pumping due to this. I am more sane though. It's incredibly tough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D520
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:12 AM
Do you still pump enough to give your baby BM? Supplementing with formula is a constant battle in my head on a daily basis! I want to, but I feel like its a selfish decision...i wish I could get over it!! Not to mention the loss of sleep...i just went to bed at 10:45pm, back up at 1am to feed baby, he had a hard time getting back to sleep and now I'm pumping at 2am! Baby may be back up as early as 4am to eat again!! Like I said, I'm returning to work in 3 weeks. There is no way I can keep this up and be able to function at my job! Geeeeeezzz......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs_nielson
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:28 AM
I feel like this off & on. I struggle with whether or not to quit. I just try to remind myself that this is best for her. She will be 16 or 17wks (gotta recount lol). I especially hate when she gets fussy while I pump. Either I stop or let her fuss, it makes me feel so bad! Hang in there hun! This is sooo not easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CandiceDanielle
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM
It gets a lot more manageable once you can give up night pumping and start to have more time in between pumps.

In the beginning, I'd feed my son,pump,then get whatever needed done before starting all over again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMoseley
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I do pump enough that he gets bM. Although, eating the huge amounts he has decided to eat the last few days I do not make enough milk. So, he gets formula as well. It is something I wish I didn't, but he rather his mama be sane.

Formula fed babies are just as wonderful as breast. Do not beat yourself up.

Quoting D520:

Do you still pump enough to give your baby BM? Supplementing with formula is a constant battle in my head on a daily basis! I want to, but I feel like its a selfish decision...i wish I could get over it!! Not to mention the loss of sleep...i just went to bed at 10:45pm, back up at 1am to feed baby, he had a hard time getting back to sleep and now I'm pumping at 2am! Baby may be back up as early as 4am to eat again!! Like I said, I'm returning to work in 3 weeks. There is no way I can keep this up and be able to function at my job! Geeeeeezzz......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D520
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Thank you ladies so much for your reply and support! This is not easy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:49 PM
When my jusband goes back to work i don't know how i'll do it. But we can't really afford formula so i'll just have to stay stuck to my pump for a little while. My husband is awesome and takes a night feeding. I pump right before i go to bed about 11 then when baby wakes up at about 3 then my husband gets up with him at 6 and i pump at 9. It hasn't hurt my supply badly at all but when i pump at 9 i get about 10 oz!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)