Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumping at 3 months

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 270 Total Views
My baby will be 3 months tomorrow. I am pumping 7 times a day. I was wondering how much I need to be pumping & when I can start pumping less?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Loralismommy224
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM
You should be able to try & cut back some now bc your supply should be established by now. My dd is almost 10 months old, & I still pump bw 6-7 times per day bc when I tried to cut back, my supply dropped. Everyone's different, so all you can do is try. Might I add, that I barely produce enough to meet her needs to begin with, so with me not being an overproducer, I think that had a lot to do with it too.
MommyAmes
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Quoting Loralismommy224:

You should be able to try & cut back some now bc your supply should be established by now. My dd is almost 10 months old, & I still pump bw 6-7 times per day bc when I tried to cut back, my supply dropped. Everyone's different, so all you can do is try. Might I add, that I barely produce enough to meet her needs to begin with, so with me not being an overproducer, I think that had a lot to do with it too.

Thank you so much. I had a hard time with my first child & only got to do it for 3 weeks before I dried up. I tried to get more info on it this time so I am doing so much better! I was getting a ton of milk at first with this one. I had a lot stored in my freezer but I got mastitis (3 times) & it hurt my supply. I am doing good now to where I am staying ahead. I may try & cut back some & if it decreases I will go back up.

Loralismommy224
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MommyAmes:

You're very welcome! I've been EPing since dd was 5 days old, so that & on top of her being my first, hasn't allowed me to overproduce. I've heard that you do get more milk with subsequent children, but not sure if its a fact or not. Good luck to you, & we're always here if you need any further info, advise, or just support!
Stevensmomma
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Honestly its different for everyone so watch your supply they generally say three months your established but for me it was four months i tried to cut back then had a supply dip and had to power pump to get it back so be careful. If you can pump as frequent as you can and freeze what you dont use just in case you need it.

MommyAmes
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Thank you! This past week I have been pumping 5 times a day & I have been getting between 5-9 oz each time. Seems to be going good so far.

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Honestly its different for everyone so watch your supply they generally say three months your established but for me it was four months i tried to cut back then had a supply dip and had to power pump to get it back so be careful. If you can pump as frequent as you can and freeze what you dont use just in case you need it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)