Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost 6 months EP- supply issues

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

Hi everyone! 

I started exclusively pumping since I went back to work at 7 weeks. I tried and tried to nurse but after many issues I decided to EP. I made TONS of extra milk and was able to fill up our freezer. Around 4.5 months I was really struggling and still am. Some weeks we have to use several bags of frozen and some weeks are ok. The problem is that I work full time and right now I pretty much make JUST enough. With my commute and everything I'm gone from 7am-5:30 pm. I can never have milk in advance since I make just enough. I have maybe 18 bags of frozen milk left. I am about 5 1/2 months pp and I pump at least 8 times a day. I have tried fenugreek  and that did not work for me. Im just not sure what to do and I want to save my frozen stash! How should I do this? My goal was 1 year! 

by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Have you tried power pumping on the weekends? Maybe try skin to skin when you're together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM

try mothers milk tea, and more milk plus. Also nurse when your home and skin to skin as well as kangaroo care. I would do power pumping when your home and maybe get a stronger pump for work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN