Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions please?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 129 Total Views
Hi my name Katie I'm new I'm 19 20 in Jan I am 32 weeks pregnant and I really am thinking of breast feeding but I will only do it by pump. My questions are does it hurt when your breast pump? How many hours out of the day does it take to make a few bottles? Is it alot of work? Are breast pumps expensive and witch once are the best? And I have really big boob dos that help lol? Sorry about all the questions but I have no clue about any of this I a very appreciated by you're help.

I really do want to pump but I'm worried that it going to be to much on me that I'm going to have to do it so much get no sleep plus I do have a job I need help lol.
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Loralismommy224
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi Kattie, congrats, & welcome! First of all, you can kiss sleep goodbye once that baby gets here, whether you breast or formula feed, lol! I work full time & have been EPing for 10 months- it all just really depends on how much you want to do it. For me, I've been very determined to give my daughter the best that I can, even if it means sacrificing (that's what moms do). Yes, pumping is very time consuming, & it does hurt a little in the beginning, but it does get better! As far as pumps go, they all have different price ranges. I would first just rent a hospital-grade one just to make sure that pumping is going to work for you. That way, you haven't spent all that $ on a pump. Make sure you buy a double electric pump-those are the best & fastest way to get your milk out. With that being said, I would reconsider nursing, instead of pumping. At least until you start back to work, then you have to pump. Trust me, if I were able to nurse, I would. Kellymom.com is a great website, & I encourage you to check it out. Good luck to you!
MommyAmes
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I agree with all that the mommy above said. It is a huge sacrifice to pump & yes it does take a lot of time. In the 1st 2 months I got up at 2 every morning to pump. Baby is 3 1/2 months now & I pump very late at night & very early in the morning so I don't go too long without pumping. I went with the avent double pump electric. I wanted a madella but didn't get it bc I didn't know how well my pumping would go since it didn't go well with my 1st. Yes sometimes it does hurt especially at 1st. There were times when my nipples cracked & bled. It definitely takes dedication. I was determined to do it though. Even after getting mastitis 3 times (an infection in the boob that hurts so bad). Good luck to you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CourtneyCS
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I agree with what was said above about trying nursing first if you can do it. I pumped with my last child for 16 months. I recommend the medela pump in style and get a hands free pumping bra as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)