Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumps

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 327 Total Views
Is there a cheaper pump comparable to the medela pump in style?
I wouldn't mind spending the money if I knew for sure I was going to be able to pump and use it faithfully.
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loralismommy224
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I'm not sure...I've only (& still do) used Medela. You can do like I did in the beginning, & rent one. I did that just to see if my body would respond to a pump. After about a month of using it, I turned it back in & was confident enough to buy one.

MommyAmes
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I use the Phillips avent double pump. It has worked great! I have been pumping for 3 1/2 months. It cost about 175 I think. It's still quite a bit but a lot cheaper than the madella.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mistync
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I won a new medella advanced personal double electric breast pump(same. As a pump in style) on ebay for $112 including shipping. It wouldn't hurt to look just make sure you are actually bidding on a new pump since its an open system.
Danimarae
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Thanks that's what I am afraid of, not being able to pump and wasting the money. Renting and trying doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Quoting Loralismommy224:

I'm not sure...I've only (& still do) used Medela. You can do like I did in the beginning, & rent one. I did that just to see if my body would respond to a pump. After about a month of using it, I turned it back in & was confident enough to buy one.

Danimarae
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, I was looking at these!
Quoting MommyAmes:

I use the Phillips avent double pump. It has worked great! I have been pumping for 3 1/2 months. It cost about 175 I think. It's still quite a bit but a lot cheaper than the madella.

Danimarae
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I've been looking on eBay! Been kinda afraid to buy from there, but may end up doing it. Thanks!
Quoting mistync:

I won a new medella advanced personal double electric breast pump(same. As a pump in style) on ebay for $112 including shipping. It wouldn't hurt to look just make sure you are actually bidding on a new pump since its an open system.

mistync
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM
If you do bid/win one make sure its one with a detailed description stating that its new and never been used/new still in original packaging with the hygenic seals. That way if it isn't paypal can get you a refund. Goodluck!!

Quoting Danimarae:

I've been looking on eBay! Been kinda afraid to buy from there, but may end up doing it. Thanks!
Quoting mistync:

CourtneyCS
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM
They say your not supposed to buy them used but many people do. I would recommend buying a used medela pump in style on craigslist over buying a cheap new one. You would have to replace the tubing and the pumping horns though.
SRB212
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I got an evenflo pump at Kmart for $70. It seems to be doing the job just fine so far but we are only about 9 days into using it.
SRB212
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I got a medela pump via insurance today and wow what a difference!!!! The more expensive one is worth it. Check your insurance because you should be able to get a pump due to the affordable care act.

Quoting SRB212:

I got an evenflo pump at Kmart for $70. It seems to be doing the job just fine so far but we are only about 9 days into using it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)