Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 119 Total Views
My dd is 4 days old. She is having trouble latching still and I am being told to pump before or after feeding her to help with my supply. The nurse believes she is not stimulating my breasts. What is the best way to do this while continuing to nurse her? I want this to work bc my ds was bf for a wk then i was pumping and not making enough and dried up due to stress. I appreciate any help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Loralismommy224
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
First off, I would let her pedi check for a lip/tongue tie. If that's the problem, then it's easily fixed. If that's not it: perserverance! She's still really young & learning. You can pump a little, enough to stimulate a let down, then pump after she's done to make sure your breasts are empty. Your goal is to just keep her to breast as much as possible. Also, make sure you massage your breasts during pumping/feeding as that helps to stimulate a let down. Make sure you drink plenty of water & take in enough calories to keep your supply up. To keep her at breast longer, use a dropper of pumped milk by her mouth if she starts to come off due to no let down, & that'll keep her on long enough to hopefully stimulate you. Also, make sure you do plenty of skin to skin contact- that'll help too. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN