Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Driving and pumping.lol

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

Well today my son had a appointment at his heart doctor.Which is around 2 hours away. The we was there for about an hour.I pumped before I left then pumped on the way home.lol For the first time I pumped while I drove.So I guess the battery pack does come in handy.lol Anyone else had to drive and pump at the same time?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loralismommy224
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I do it every night that I work, lol! Yes, it does come in handy!

kryjen
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I'd never get anywhere.  I have to do breast compressions the whole time to make pumping worth it.

skittles202
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Oh, i am about to start doing that! I need to get the hands free bra thing. So is pumping and driving awkward? Difficult? Any tips??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraBethsMama
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I do ALL the time! I plug my pump into inverter which plugs into the d/c outlet to conserve batteries. When my batteries get low the pump does not pump as efficiently. Surely a time saver. 3 1/2 months left and counting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JP2010
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I drive and pump on my way home from work all the time as well. My commute is about 30 minutes so its a perfect amount of time. I have a car adapter for my PISA, put on my hands free bra and cover and head on down the road. It's not awkward for me at all. I see it as the ultimate multitask!

JessLackey
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I actually made my own hands free bras. I cut a hole in a sports bra to fit the breast shields threw and the same to a couple old nursing bras. A Lot cheaper then spending the 20 on a hands free bra. it was a little bit hard for me to do because I'm rather short and have to have me seat up all the way almost so I had to have it back to make room so It was harder for me to reach.lol but otherwise it was easy;

Quoting skittles202:

Oh, i am about to start doing that! I need to get the hands free bra thing. So is pumping and driving awkward? Difficult? Any tips??

skittles202
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM
So the bottles stay on well enough with the bra? Do you wear it all day and then just sort of "plug in", or do you have to put it on/take it off everytime?

Quoting JP2010:

I drive and pump on my way home from work all the time as well. My commute is about 30 minutes so its a perfect amount of time. I have a car adapter for my PISA, put on my hands free bra and cover and head on down the road. It's not awkward for me at all. I see it as the ultimate multitask!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessLackey
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:45 AM

I wear mine all day and use nursing pads to cover the holes then just put the shields in when im going to pump. The bottles stay on pretty well with the ones ive made.

Quoting skittles202:

So the bottles stay on well enough with the bra? Do you wear it all day and then just sort of "plug in", or do you have to put it on/take it off everytime?

Quoting JP2010:

JP2010
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I put mine on in the parking lot... The bottles stay on just fine... I put on my cover, back my seat up a bit so I can maneuver, put on the hands free bra, set up, move my seat back and go :)

Quoting skittles202:

Quoting JP2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I did it a lot, but plugged it into the car. I would pull over a block or two away from where I was going to unplug everything. Driving to my parents house about an hour away I would pump the first 20 mintues, turn it off for 20 minutes, turn it back on for 20 minutes. So nice to get places with a fresh bottle of milk, and not need to pump! Or on the way home, not needing to pump the second you get home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)