Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The challenge.. Babies each eat 4 oz ever 2 hours during the day.. Pump 8 oz every 2 hours (or supplement with formula)..

Challenge accepted!

(wish me luck!)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Replies (11-15):
Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:56 PM

DD is pretty good with them. They are not crawling yet, just rolling. They came 2.5 months early, so they are more like 4-5 month olds than 7 month olds, but doing great.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

I don't really find this stage difficult, but I am dreading having three toddlers XD I went out with all 3 once and a stranger gave me 60$, it was nice, but rather akward. She also told me about how her daughter had quads! Now that, I think that'd be too much for me XD A lot of times I wish I had more arms. How does your dd do with the babies? She must love that they're playing more now, do they crawl yet?

Quoting Bethbeth:

haha, you have a toddler too! fun times with baby twins, huh!. My dd is now 2.5 and my twins will be 7 months old next week. People ask me how I do it, and I say I don't have a choice, I just have to do it.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

lol I hear ya there, I have a 19 month old son too XD. I haven't tried any of that stuff, but I do eat oatmeal lol I'll probably have to supplement eventually too, but I hope to give them breastmilk until atleast 6 months

Quoting Bethbeth:

no magic tricks no. the most important is pumping really often, which so hard to baby twins! (And a 2 year old for me). I took fenugreek, blessed thistle, and domperidone too, but I don't know if they really helped or not. I have to supplement with formula with twins.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

Thank you! Is there anything you do that you've noticed helps your supply?

Quoting Bethbeth:

good luck! i have twins too, so i know it is tough.

LoveMyTiny
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I'll try just fenugreek, I've heard a lot of good things about that. Thank you :)

Quoting JessLackey:

The brewers yeast is 2.96 for a bottle of 250 at walmart. the fenugreek is 4.96 for a bottle of 100  also at walmart. The motherlove more milk special blend is kinda expensive I order it online from here http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-3388-motherlove-more-milk-plus-60-vegetarian-capsules You might be able to find it cheaper but I havnt yet. I dont use it as often as the rest so dont know that it helps as much as the rest or not.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

That's good to know, where can you get them? I know I need to drink more water a day, that'll probably help a lot.

Quoting JessLackey:

Im not pumping with twins but ive been using Brewers yeast tablets, fenugreek, and motherlove more milk special blend. Along with alot of water and the oatmeal. Ive notice a diffrence since Ive started all the supplements. I went from hardly getting 2 ounces total to geting about 4 ounces total. Hope that helps some.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

lol I hear ya there, I have a 19 month old son too XD. I haven't tried any of that stuff, but I do eat oatmeal lol I'll probably have to supplement eventually too, but I hope to give them breastmilk until atleast 6 months

Quoting Bethbeth:

no magic tricks no. the most important is pumping really often, which so hard to baby twins! (And a 2 year old for me). I took fenugreek, blessed thistle, and domperidone too, but I don't know if they really helped or not. I have to supplement with formula with twins.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

Quoting Bethbeth:

LoveMyTiny
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting Bethbeth:

DD is pretty good with them. They are not crawling yet, just rolling. They came 2.5 months early, so they are more like 4-5 month olds than 7 month olds, but doing great.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

I don't really find this stage difficult, but I am dreading having three toddlers XD I went out with all 3 once and a stranger gave me 60$, it was nice, but rather akward. She also told me about how her daughter had quads! Now that, I think that'd be too much for me XD A lot of times I wish I had more arms. How does your dd do with the babies? She must love that they're playing more now, do they crawl yet?

Quoting Bethbeth:

haha, you have a toddler too! fun times with baby twins, huh!. My dd is now 2.5 and my twins will be 7 months old next week. People ask me how I do it, and I say I don't have a choice, I just have to do it.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

Quoting Bethbeth:

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

Quoting Bethbeth:

Ah, mine were 1 month early, but it's too early to really tell where they are developementally

Loralismommy224
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Fenugreek is known to cause gassiness. If that happens, I would cut back on those supplements, & do more of the Motherlove more special blend. I get mine off Amazon. Good luck & congrats!
kryjen
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I took domperidone with ds several years ago.  I only pumped 3 times a day and did roughly 8 oz. per session sometimes more.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)