Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unhealing sore...

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 178 Total Views
I have been exclusive pumping since my little was 8 weeks. I am now almost 7 months in and have had a sore that has not healed from the beginning. I guess from frequent pumping? I am already up to a 36 mm horn on that breast. It has a small amount of discharge with a foul smell(almost like a scab??)) I just don't know how to get this thing healed or if I can for that matter. I plan to start weaning when she is 10 months as I will have enough frozen to finish out her first year. Any suggestions, similar issues??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Stevensmomma
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM

did you try any natural nipple creams??

SaraBethsMama
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Yes, I lube up with coconut oil to pump and apply lanolin after. I just started putting neosporin on it yesterday. It seems to just be a open sore now without anything adheared. Previously I had a thick yellow almost scab like substance adheared to the top and if I would try to remove it, it would sting like pulling a scab off?? That part is what has the odor. Sorry I know it's gross! I just wish it would heal!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ardiaxe
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM
The odor tells me it's infected. This happened to me and it was horrible. I kept it clean and open to air. Lower the suction if you can and be sure that your nipple is not being pulled near the sore. Open air will help a lot. You may have thrush which makes you more prone to the wounding. If it doesn't heal in a week, it's important to see a Dr.
Stevensmomma
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM

sounds like its nfected clean it like you would a open wound and i would see a dr ASAP

Quoting SaraBethsMama:

Yes, I lube up with coconut oil to pump and apply lanolin after. I just started putting neosporin on it yesterday. It seems to just be a open sore now without anything adheared. Previously I had a thick yellow almost scab like substance adheared to the top and if I would try to remove it, it would sting like pulling a scab off?? That part is what has the odor. Sorry I know it's gross! I just wish it would heal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)