Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so done with pumping!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 293 Total Views
My son will be 11 months this sunday im so done with pumping I produce alot of milk this past week has been a torture with sore nipples..it hurts so bad while im pumping.. Ive tried switching him to regular milk and he wont drink it I got four weeks left of this and I so cant wait! My question is how long until I dry out I plan to.get on the shot once he turns one..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Loralismommy224
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd just turned one, & I've been EPing since she was 5 days old. I've been able to produce a little more than average, but def not an abundant amount, so I can't help you there. I've just been gradually reducing a pumping session per day. I used to pump 6-7 times per day, but now I'm down to just 4-5 times. It's best to gradually reduce so you don't get clogged ducts or mastitis. A lactating woman can lactate for up to a yr after weaning. I don't know anything about the shot, so I can't help ya there. Good luck to the both of us :)
mrs_nielson
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I just started weaning as well, I am down to 3 pumps. I have been wondering the same things lol!! But I have heard that gradually is best. Good luck & you have done an awesome job get this far btw!!!! :-)
Leochanning2012
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Thanks! I hope it gets easier.. I get so engorged in the mornings when I wake up I pumo out 24 ounces.. Butvi will gradually reduce my pumps good luck to you too:)

Quoting Loralismommy224:

My dd just turned one, & I've been EPing since she was 5 days old. I've been able to produce a little more than average, but def not an abundant amount, so I can't help you there. I've just been gradually reducing a pumping session per day. I used to pump 6-7 times per day, but now I'm down to just 4-5 times. It's best to gradually reduce so you don't get clogged ducts or mastitis. A lactating woman can lactate for up to a yr after weaning. I don't know anything about the shot, so I can't help ya there. Good luck to the both of us :)

Leochanning2012
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I just heard that birth control helps a little! I feel like I have accomplished a lot I donated 1000 ounces last month and now I have 400+ ounces again...im.pumping 7 times a day... Im excited to be done I will miss my milk boobies haha... Thank you ladies!

Quoting mrs_nielson:

I just started weaning as well, I am down to 3 pumps. I have been wondering the same things lol!! But I have heard that gradually is best. Good luck & you have done an awesome job get this far btw!!!! :-)

wills_mum
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Thats exciting! I can't wait until I'm at that point where I'm done, and know that my little ones had a good run on breast milk. I'm not really sure how long it takes, I know a girl I worked with would still leak 7 or 8 months after she started weaning, but she never had a shot or anything like that. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, and congrats again!

Leochanning2012
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Thank you its going to be harder then I thought my little one wont drink regular milk and doesnt care for solids I start work next week and im horrified to leave him in daycare.. Hopefully he starts taking regular milk soon lol so I can get a break.. I havent been pumping at night to see if that will cut my supply and nope it hasnt! O my im in a pickle maybe ill be stuck pumping longer then expected!

Quoting wills_mum:

Thats exciting! I can't wait until I'm at that point where I'm done, and know that my little ones had a good run on breast milk. I'm not really sure how long it takes, I know a girl I worked with would still leak 7 or 8 months after she started weaning, but she never had a shot or anything like that. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, and congrats again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)