Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 114 Total Views

Hi I am new here and glad I found a group that exclusively pumps! I feel I am in a league of my own as I do not know anybody who does this. I get told I am crazy as it is very time consuming. Even my daughters doctor is shocked that I am still doing this, she is 4 months now.

I had issues with breast feeding (flat nipples) to the point that both me and my daughter were in tears. The nurses kept wanting me to keep trying and would get her to latch with the help of me and my husband. Since we needed 3 people to get her to latch, it did not help me when I was alone. I would dread feeding her, which was not a nice thing.  I got a nice nurse who did not push it and said I should make a decision if I want to keep trying or exclusively pump, I went with the pumping and I am glad I did! My husband was great and for supportive on the decision. The main point is she is getting breast milk and we can bond in other ways.

I am pumping 5 times a day now, down from 8 times at the beginning. I get a lot of milk and our deep freezer is very full to the point of us needing some more space!

How many times are others pumping?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Henrysmomma0915
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Welcome to the group! I pump every four hours and I too have a freezer full! My DH says we need more space. Haha. My DD is 2 months old and some days I want to stop because it is so time consuming and kind of just a pain, but I want her to get the benefits of having my milk, so I suck it up and continue to do it. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Loralismommy224
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Hello & welcome! I'm down to pumping 3 times a day bc my dd is a little over 12 months now! I've been EPing since she was 5 days old. Keep up the good work bc it's very rewarding :)
SherryWeiss
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! I too tell myself to suck it up!! I am on my 4th month now and would never have thought I would have lasted this long when I first started pumping. My goal is to go to 6 months and then have her start on the large supply of frozen milk I have. Knowing me I will go longer just to make sure that she gets breast milk until she is one.

My DD is a great sleeper at night, she will sleep for 12+ hours and I end up going in to get her! I unfortunately end up getting up to pump in the middle of the night and do not benefit from this. My husband tells me to skip this pump, but I want her to have fresh room temp milk when she first wakes up and I usually need to pump as I start to leak all over!

Loralismommy224
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Quoting SherryWeiss:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I too tell myself to suck it up!! I am on my 4th month now and would never have thought I would have lasted this long when I first started pumping. My goal is to go to 6 months and then have her start on the large supply of frozen milk I have. Knowing me I will go longer just to make sure that she gets breast milk until she is one.

My DD is a great sleeper at night, she will sleep for 12+ hours and I end up going in to get her! I unfortunately end up getting up to pump in the middle of the night and do not benefit from this. My husband tells me to skip this pump, but I want her to have fresh room temp milk when she first wakes up and I usually need to pump as I start to leak all over!

Do not give up your night time pump! That's when we make the most milk (1-5am), & a lot of people will start losing their supply when they drop their nighttime pump.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)