Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of formula?? Please read

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 383 Total Views
Okay so my supply has taken a huge dip down while I'm at work pumping. I have gone thru (as of today) my entire freezer stash of milk I had saved up from my oversupply days. I've been back to work for 5 weeks now (baby is 12 weeks) and I went from making enough for his day (he drinks about 12/13oz at daycare) to making 4 oz all day. I have an appointment with tw doctor thursday to see if it's a thyroid problem (I've been having other symptoms such as dizziness and random weight gain) sooooo anyways I currently need to supplement formula till I can figure out how to fix this issue. How do I choose what kind of formula there are so many different kinds.

:( and please if you haw any clues to how I can get my supply up please please let me know! I'm drinking tons of water, eating oatmeal, lactation cookies, pumping every 2 hours for 20-30 mins, tried the mothers milk tea, let him feed as much as he wants on breast at night. I currently have an order in amazon for the fenugreek which should be here soon but man it's depressing me so badly that I am failing at this and can't feed my baby :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmiJanell
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Better pump maybe?

We supplement with gentlease
Henrysmomma0915
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My husband makes baby formula for a living in a Perrigo factory. Here's a hint, other than the soy and protein free ones... Every formula is the same. Literally. Try not to stress too much in what kind to give him. Also know that he might not take to it right away. Mixing it with your breast milk to start out might help. :)
SRB212
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM
We use similac in the orange container. It is for gas and fussiness. I am also not pumping enough and have gone through my stash and I don't work. I have tried fenugreek and oatmeal and pumped like 10 times and I still get no more than maybe 10-12 ounces. So mix breast milk and formula. My pediatrician said that was grime and at least this way she is getting some bm.
ardiaxe
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Quoting SRB212:

We use similac in the orange container. It is for gas and fussiness. I am also not pumping enough and have gone through my stash and I don't work. I have tried fenugreek and oatmeal and pumped like 10 times and I still get no more than maybe 10-12 ounces. So mix breast milk and formula. My pediatrician said that was grime and at least this way she is getting some bm.

Yes we used the same, similac sensitive, it is by far the sweetest and tastiest.  Me and my husband did taste tests on every formula on the market :)

wintersdaughter
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM
My pediatrician recommended "Good Start"for my daughter, we also used it with my other the kids, I love it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN