Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mom of a preemie

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

Hi everyone I had my son via c section 6 weeks early because of pre eclampsia and i was pumping and only got up to 4oz a day...then i got very discouraged and quit pumping and i am now starting all over...I need as much help as possible my milk never really came in ive never felt full or anything. he latches great and then screams because hes still hungry and not getting mil it is the most heartbreaking thing ever to know that i'm the reason my son has to use formula... not hat there is anything wrong with that hell i'd be happy to produce enough for half of his feedings... :(

please help me

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
boobear1985
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Perhaps starting to pump every couple hours on a schedule will help. Maybe try some supply boosting things like eating oatmeal, upping water in take, fenugreek,or other lactation aids. If you are wanting to try to get him on the breast I would say purchase an supplemental nursing system (check amazon) and feed at the breast that way baby is getting what they need but at the breast then pump afterwards. Hope some of that helps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayteebug93
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Oatmeal and fenugreek. Do some power hour pumping. Pump every hour for 20min at a time for about 6hrs. The more stimulation your nipples get the more you'llstart to produce. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CourtneyCS
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Make sure you have a good pump, without that you will not get as much milk. I believe you get what you pay for pump wise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)