Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EPing for 7 months

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 269 Total Views

Im 7 months in with Eping. Im getting about 15-20oz a day max so we still have to supplement 2-3 bottles with formula. Im getting to the point where I think Ive reached my max. I only get sometimes 3 oz a pump! Its seems like a lot of work for not a lot of bm. Im having difficulty letting go because I believe this is our last baby. So Im just holding on to whatever I can! Part of me feels like Ill have so much more time though. Other mommas who went through this, can you let me know your experiences. Thank you!!! Just need support.

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
huneebadger
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I have been pumping for 10 months and I am starting to ween now. I too am having issues, it makes me sad! You would think we would be happy as it does take a lot of time up! I keep thinking, no more getting up in the middle of the night! I hope to be pump free by the end of the month.

SlingsAndThings
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Any little bit of breast milk is great! 7 months is impressive. I hope I can make it that long!
kels1023
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I made it three months so I envy you. I went back to work and my milk supply completely diminished. I put my daughter on organic formula though, and shes thriving. Selfishly I can say life is much easier and much less stressful.
EarthMamaMaggie
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm about to hit 8 months and I fantasize about quitting all the time. I keep chanting in my head "just four more months, you're two-thirds of the way through, you can do this!" I've never been able to pump more than 20-22 ounces because of mammary hypoplasia but I'm eternally grateful for whatever I can get because every little bit counts.

Only you know what's best for you and your baby and I can certainly understand the strong desire to quit and start enjoying a simpler life, I'm right there with you. But do I think 15-20oz of breast milk is worth the effort? Absolutely I do.

hnischke
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Every oz of breast milk is that you give is amazing! You're doing an amazing job! I know how hard it is. Next month will be the 1yr mark for me. I dream about the day I can finally stop lugging my pump everywhere I go. Knowing I've done everything possible to nourish my son with my milk gets me through my most trying days.
EarthMamaMaggie
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Amen sister!

Quoting hnischke:

Every oz of breast milk is that you give is amazing! You're doing an amazing job! I know how hard it is. Next month will be the 1yr mark for me. I dream about the day I can finally stop lugging my pump everywhere I go. Knowing I've done everything possible to nourish my son with my milk gets me through my most trying days.

MaiasMommy619
by Group Admin on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:20 AM
In my 14 month of pumping I always felt like that. But I kept going for my baby. It's always a personal choice! If you feel tired or over worked maybe quit? But if you feel like you can keep going... Go or it!! A happy and rested mama is better than a stressed out tired one! !
LiseeMom
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Thanks ladies! Still going and he's 7 months and about a week. You guys were very uplifting and put it all into perspective. Next goal is 9 months! Thanks again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)