Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help a Newbie get a life while pumping

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 308 Total Views
Hi, I have been exclusively pumping for my 5 weeks old. I'm struggling with the fact that I can't really go out because I have to be back within my 2-3 hour window to pump. Any tips for being more mobile while EPing? I don't see how I can do this for months on end unless I find a way to manage this side of it. Thanks for your help!
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kayteebug93
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Bring your pump with.... pump where you are or pump in the car if you need to :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hnischke
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM
This I pump in the car all the time. I use the adapter and a nursing cover. It's been a life savor. It helped me so I could pump in airport bathrooms while on family vacation. I am just hitting my EP 1 year mark.

Quoting kayteebug93:

Bring your pump with.... pump where you are or pump in the car if you need to :)

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM

yes, pump in the car. usually much easier than going to find a bathroom somewhere. I also pumped while driving which saves even more time.

melmybelle
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'm currently on a hospital grade pump due to lots of clogged ducts/mastitis, etc. Can these work with a car lighter adapter? I didn't know a car was an option.

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM

yes, you can use a hospital grade pump in the car! Get a hands free bra, and pump while you drive if you feel comfortable. I didn't feel like I needed a nursing cover since my shirt would cover the top. You just have to forget about the pump and focus on driving. It was a huge way to save time. I would just stop a block or two from where I was going to unhook everything so no one I knew would see me. I also pumped while sitting in parking lots. Much easier than lugging everyting into a pulic bathroom, yuck. It also works out great to have a fresh bottle of milk you can throw in your diaper bag and feed to baby while you are out.

Quoting melmybelle:

Thanks for the tips. I'm currently on a hospital grade pump due to lots of clogged ducts/mastitis, etc. Can these work with a car lighter adapter? I didn't know a car was an option.

huneebadger
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I have pumped in the car and would pump in a bedroom if we were visiting people. I started dropping pumps when my daughter was around 3 months old. I went from pumping 8x a day, to 5x gradually and stayed at 5x until I was ready to stop. I am weaning now and I am doing it 2x a day and may go to once now.

It does get better, at the beginning I felt like it was all I was doing and told my husband I didn't think I could do it. The plan was for me to do it for 6 months, my dd will be a year old at the end of this month!!

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN