Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new and need tips encouragement and advice

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 130 Total Views
I'm new to the group and need some tips encouragement and advice i'd like to save as much money as possible with my second child so i plan on pumping(not bf just pumping) and learning to cloth diaper. My oldest was exclusively formula fed and disposable diapered.

Once we got to potty training thats when i started using cloth training pants but this time since i'll have 2 kids i plan to try and save as much money as possible by doing both.

Considering i'm clueless as to how to pump and cloth diaper how does it work? Are there any special methods i need to know about?
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hnischke
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Why pump vs breastfeed?
mommy_2_be_2010
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM
My mom wants the baby over nite because she's afraid the baby will have acid reflux like my daughter had

Quoting hnischke: Why pump vs breastfeed?
hnischke
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I'm sorry I don't quite understand. Why would you give your baby to your mom at night? Is this every night? Breastfed babies tend to have less issues with reflux than formula babies. Reflux is very commonly over diagnosed too. I recommend going over to the breastfeeding moms group and post over there too. Learn your options :)

Pumping is hard. You have to pump every 2 hours day and night. You have to wash bottles and pump pieces just to start all over again. It's hard when you have to put your baby down just to pump. A lot of mothers don't make it very long due to the strict schedule being hard to keep up with. It can be done but those are the major cons.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010: My mom wants the baby over nite because she's afraid the baby will have acid reflux like my daughter had

mommy_2_be_2010
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM
My daughter died at a month old in my arms it took my mom doing cpr to bring her back and we spent the night in the hospital my mom is afraid of that happening again and me not knowing what to do

Quoting hnischke: I'm sorry I don't quite understand. Why would you give your baby to your mom at night? Is this every night? Breastfed babies tend to have less issues with reflux than formula babies. Reflux is very commonly over diagnosed too. I recommend going over to the breastfeeding moms group and post over there too. Learn your options :)

Pumping is hard. You have to pump every 2 hours day and night. You have to wash bottles and pump pieces just to start all over again. It's hard when you have to put your baby down just to pump. A lot of mothers don't make it very long due to the strict schedule being hard to keep up with. It can be done but those are the major cons.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010: My mom wants the baby over nite because she's afraid the baby will have acid reflux like my daughter had

hnischke
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I'm sorry you went through that. It sounds awful. You should probably look up a CPR class that will teach you how to respond. Your baby will need YOU day and night. It knows your voice, heartbeat, and smell. A lot of times being separated from mom can cause a lot stress for both of you. I would hate for you guys not to have that connection.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010: My daughter died at a month old in my arms it took my mom doing cpr to bring her back and we spent the night in the hospital my mom is afraid of that happening again and me not knowing what to do

Quoting hnischke: I'm sorry I don't quite understand. Why would you give your baby to your mom at night? Is this every night? Breastfed babies tend to have less issues with reflux than formula babies. Reflux is very commonly over diagnosed too. I recommend going over to the breastfeeding moms group and post over there too. Learn your options :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN