Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Manual Pump Question

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 94 Total Views

I've heard stories about some women who get better results using a manual pump vs. an electric.

Are there any ladies in here like that? If so, what kind of difference in pumping output did you see? I'm contemplating buying a manual medela just to try it out.

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
keisha613
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I only use a manual so I don't have a frame of reference with using both. I used electric with my last baby and remember being frustrated for only getting an ounce or 2. Now I know that's normal output so I guess it wasn't that bad.

I like using manual because I can do it without needing to plug it it, basically anywhere. And I like being able to control how much or little frequency I need. However I am only pumping to donate, no baby to feed. I have only pumped 400oz in the 7.5 weeks since giving birth. Manual pumping is not recommended if you need to pump quite a bit.
MinaPR
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I have a Medela Harmony and have been able to get a decent amount of milk, but by the end of the session my hands were really tired. So I guess they're not for the long run, just for occasional use.

bryannaleec
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Yea... I wanted to basically try it in the mornings when you're supposed to have the most milk.

When I pump in the morning, I'm seeing the same amount as I do all day. I thought maybe trying this might be worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)