Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

milk problems

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 265 Total Views
Ok i just had my son on dec. 30th and im pumping up untill like last night i was doing really really well but now all of a sudden it can take mayb an hour or so to get even like an ounce and a half pumped can anyone tell me if there is anything i can do to make my milk supply increase n come out faster i really dont wanna have to give formula
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JacksonsMommy2
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Eat food, drink water, oatmeal helps, exceersise only 30 mins a day(waling). However some people just have low supply, but honestly for a brand new baby they should eat much more than an ounce and a half. I used to pump every hour for 20 mins and it increased my milk supply and letdown quicker/.

hnischke
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:57 PM
How often are you pumping? Check the membranes on your pump (the little white flaps on the horns that go into the bottle)
preemiemom45
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Do you have any hard or sore spots inside your breast? There might be an issue with your pump or a milk duct that is preventing full let down or pump.

Eat and drink water. I agree that you should check your pump parts. I had a small tear in one of my little white pieces once that I could barely see but it affected how much I was getting.
MamaH2006
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Don't forget to sleep! I know it sounds silly when you have a brand new baby.there were days where my supply seemed to be decreasing while I was sitting in the NICU, so I would drink a big glass of water and get an extra hours nap and things would be back to normal. If you check out http://kellymom.com/category/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/ there are some excellent resources. Good luck and stick with it!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)