Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My stash :-)

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM
  • 32 Replies
  • 791 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Freezer in the garage is almost full! I have to fill up the door and can fit some more bags on the middle shelves, but then it's time to donate!
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hnischke
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Way to go! Our freezer used to look like that but then I donated just over 1,000oz. My freezer stash is back up to 100oz now lol. We don't use frozen milk very often and I pump the perfect amount now. If I'm lucky I am able to save 3oz a day.
preemiemom45
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM
You donated 1,000oz!! Amazing!! I don't think I'll be brave enough to donate more than 150-200oz at a time just in case my supply all of a sudden drops (which I know it won't but I still worry)

Thanks for appreciating and humoring me. There are few people in my life who can properly appreciate a freezer like this! :-)
mommy2casidee
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome!! I donated 2100oz to my surrogate twins and just donated 1500oz to the preemie milk bank and already have 500oz waiting to be sent :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsevewat1
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a great supply. My deep freezer is full to the brim right now like that too! Im finally starting to "refresh" it after saying I was gonna for so long. I want to make sure what I have is usable for as long as I can. I don't plan on donating but I do plan on giving him just breastmilk to drink after he's one so gotta keep it as fresh as I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preemiemom45
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this
We mix half fresh and half frozen in almost every bottle. That helps me rotate my stash so I don't have to throw any away because it's too old.
keanes_mommy
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Is this for real?! And you strictly pump, no nursing?! This is amazing! I have a friend who has a supply like this but she also nursing. Please tell me your secret!

preemiemom45
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Thanks for your comment, that put a big smile on my face!!

I exclusively pump. My DD was in the NICU and learned the bottle before the breast.  She tried breastfeeding but is a smart little cookie so when she realized she can get milk from the bottle with much less work she said "forget the boob!" and now won't even entertain the thought of breastfeeding.

I've been pumping for just over 9 months now.  For a long time I was pumping double what she was eating so I was able to quickly build up my stash.  Right now she's eating almost what I pump each day (I pump maybe 3-5 oz more than she eats) so I don't see my stash building up like it used to.

When I started pumping I would do it religiously but now I'm down to 5-6 pumps per day.  If I want to have a beer or two at night after the baby is asleep, I don't feel as guily with the pump and dump anymore.

My only advice is: make sure you're eating and drinking enough and getting some sleep (you can never have enough sleep).  And don't give up! :-)

Quoting keanes_mommy:

Is this for real?! And you strictly pump, no nursing?! This is amazing! I have a friend who has a supply like this but she also nursing. Please tell me your secret!

Aria13698
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I have to ask... are each of those bags from one pumping session or are they from multiple put together? How much do you pump in one session??

preemiemom45
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Mostly from multiple sessions. I'll pump and then put he bag in the freezer to top it off next pump. I fit about 400ml in each bag (just over 13oz). I pump anywhere from 3-10oz per session, with the largest sessions in the morning.

Quoting Aria13698:

I have to ask... are each of those bags from one pumping session or are they from multiple put together? How much do you pump in one session??

calviinsmommy
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM
How many times a day did you pump when she was a newborn ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)