Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting Again Soon

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 131 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Since I went back to work (Dec 9), I have been able to pump less and less often and, therefore produce fewer ounces. As a result, my daughter (now almost 6 months) has been primarily formula fed. I have continued to pump, but only produce about 8-10 ounces a day. HOWEVER...I am leaving my job (last day 4/28) and will be working for myself with a much more flexible schedule. I am planning to try and up my supply and get her back on strictly breast milk. Anyone else done this? Any thoughts/suggestions?

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
preemiemom45
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:00 PM
With patience you should be able to build back up your supply. Make sure to drink plenty of water (as much as you did when you were pregnant), eat well, and get enough sleep (HAHAHA!!)

I didn't have to do that on a grand scale but I did have dips in my supply. I simply added another pump and/or pumped longer each session. Make sure to drain as much as you can with the pump, and do so at least 8 times each day, to signal your body to make more milk to meet the demand.

Good luck with the new job, the pumping, and your new baby!!
MandiVG
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Thank you! I appreciate it b
MandiVG
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Just starting back and it is already getting better! I have been able to pump longer at each session which I think is helping. Also reintroduced a night pump.
hnischke
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this
That's awesome! Keep it up :)

Quoting MandiVG: Just starting back and it is already getting better! I have been able to pump longer at each session which I think is helping. Also reintroduced a night pump.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)