Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crochet Craft - Teensy Mice

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 437 Total Views

It's never too early to think about Christmas Crafts!  Here is a cute one.

Teensy Mice

Start to finish less than 6 hours

Materials:

Worsted weight yarn, 2 oz. grey fuzzy and small amount white fuzzy, small amount each red and pink, small amount black sport yarn.

1 yard white size 10 crochet cotton

Poly fiberfill

Tapestry needle and size E and G crochet hooks

Finished size 5 ½ inches tall

Note:  Work in continuous rounds, do not join or turn unless otherwise stated.  Mark frist stitch of each round.  Use G hook unless otherwise stated.

Boy Head and Body

Round 1:  starting at head, with gray, chain 2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook (6 sc).

Round 2:  2 single crochet in each stitch around (12)

Round 3:  (Sc in next stitch, 2 sc in next stitch) around (18)

Round 4:  (Sc in each of next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st) around (24)

Round 5-9 Sc in each st around

Round 10:  ((Sc in each of next 2 sts, sc nest 2 sts tog) around (18).  Stuff and continue stuffing as you work.

Round 11:  (Sc next 2 sts tog) around (9)

Round 12:  for body, 2 sc in each st around (18)

Round 13:  (Sc in next 5 st, 2 sc in next st) around (21)

Round 14-15: Sc in each st around.  At end of last round, join with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off.

Muzzle:

Round 1:  With gray ch 2, 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook (4 sc)

Rnd 2-3:  (Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) around.  At end of last rnd, join with sl st in first sc(9).  Fasten off.  Stuff.  Sew over rnds 7-9 of Head.  You are attaching the muzzle to the head when you do this.

Ear (Make 2):

Rnds 1-3:  With pink, repeat rnds 1-3 of Head and Body.  At end of last rnd, join with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off.

Rnd 4;  Join gray with sc in first st, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, (sc in each of next 2 st, 2 sc in next st) around, join as before (24). Fasten off.  Sew to top of Head on each side of Rnd 1.

Arm (Make 2):

Rnd 1:  Repeat rnd 1 of Head and Body.

Rnd 2-4:  Sc in each st around.   At end of last rnd, turn.

Row 5: (For the Shoulder):  Sc in each of rist 3 st, leaving last 3 sts unworked.  Fasten off, Stuff.  Sew over rnds 12-14 on side of Body.

Leg (Make 2)

Rnd 1:  repeat rnd 1 of head and body.

Rnd 2:  Sc in each st around, hoin with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off.

Rnd 3:  Join red with sc in first st, sc in each st around

Rnd 4:  Sc in each st around turn

Row 5: For hip, 2 sc in first st, sc in next st,  2 sc in next st keaving last three st unworked.  Fasten off, stuff.  With hip facing back, sew over rnds 17-19 of body ½ inch apart in front.

Tail:

With E hook and graym ch 13, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in each ch across.  Fasten off.  Sew to back of body on rnd 21.

Bow Tie:

Row 1:  With E hook and red, ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each ch across, turn (4sc)

Row 2:  Ch 1, sc first 2 st tog, sc last 2 st tog, turn (2 sc)

Row 3:  Ch 1, sc next 2 st tog, turn ( 1 sc)

Row 4:  Ch 1, sc in next st, turn

Row 5:  Ch 1, 2 sc in nect st, turn (2 sc)

Row 6:  Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, 2 sc in last st, turn (4)

Row 7:  Ch 1, sc in each st across, fasten off.

For tie, ch 20.  Fasten off. Place tie around neck tack ends tog.  Tack bow to center front of tie.

Finishing:

With black, using satin stitch, embroider eyes centered over muzzle on rnds 6-7 of Head ¾ inches apart.  With black embroider using satin stitch embroider nose on rnd 1 of muzzle.  For whiskers, cut 2 strands crochet cotton each 3 inches long.  With both strands held tog, tie knot 1 1/4 inches from 1 end, run thread through 1 side of muzzle to other side, tie knot on other side of muzzle to secure, trim.

For Girl:

Head and body, work rnds 1-11 same as boy's.

Rnd 12:  For dress, join red with sc in first st, n same st, 2 sc in each st around. (18)

Rnds 13-15:  Work rnds 13-15 of boy's head and body.

Rnd 16:  Working this rnd in back lps for panties, join white with sc in anh st, sc in each st around.

Rnd 17-22:  Work rnds 17 to 22 of boy's head and body.

Muzzle and ears, work same as boy's muzzle and ears.

Arm(make 2): 

Rnd 1:  With gray, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st in first sc (6 sc)

Rnd 2:  Join red with sc in first st, sc in each st around

Rnds 3-4:  Sc in each st around.  At end of last rd, turn

Row 5:  Work row 5 of boy's arm.  With shoulder facing back, sew over rnds 12-14 on each side of body.

Leg: Make 2

Rnds, 1-2:  work same as boys rounds 1 and 2

Rnds 3-4: Sc in each st around.  At end of last rnd, turn.

Rnd 5: Work same as boy's leg.  With hip facing back, sew over rnds 17-19 of body ½ inch apart in front. 

Work tail same as boy's.

Skirt

Rnd 1:  working in front lps of rnd 15 of head and body, join red with sl st in any st, ch 2, 2 hdc in next st,  (hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st) around to last st, hdc in last st, join with sl st in top of ch 2 (31 hdc).20.

Rnd 2:  Ch 1, sc I first st, ch 4, (sc in next st, ch 4) around, join with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off.

Collar:  With E hook and white, chain 20,  Sl st in 2nd ch from hook, (ch 2 skip next ch, sl st in next ch) across, fasten off.  Place around neck, tack in place.  With white using straight stitch, embroider 2 buttons below collar down center front of dress.  For Finishing, Work boy's finishing.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
eds6619
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Very cute!  Too bad I can't crochet in continous rounds. 

kbpegasus
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Here is a site that might help you.  I learned a lot off this site.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-crochet-in-the-round.html

moonsdust
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

it's very cute.....

Quoting kbpegasus:

It's never too early to think about Christmas Crafts!  Here is a cute one.

Teensy Mice

Start to finish less than 6 hours

Materials:

Worsted weight yarn, 2 oz. grey fuzzy and small amount white fuzzy, small amount each red and pink, small amount black sport yarn.

1 yard white size 10 crochet cotton

Poly fiberfill

Tapestry needle and size E and G crochet hooks

Finished size 5 ½ inches tall

Note:  Work in continuous rounds, do not join or turn unless otherwise stated.  Mark frist stitch of each round.  Use G hook unless otherwise stated.

Boy Head and Body

Round 1:  starting at head, with gray, chain 2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook (6 sc).

Round 2:  2 single crochet in each stitch around (12)

Round 3:  (Sc in next stitch, 2 sc in next stitch) around (18)

Round 4:  (Sc in each of next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st) around (24)

Round 5-9 Sc in each st around

Round 10:  ((Sc in each of next 2 sts, sc nest 2 sts tog) around (18).  Stuff and continue stuffing as you work.

Round 11:  (Sc next 2 sts tog) around (9)

Round 12:  for body, 2 sc in each st around (18)

Round 13:  (Sc in next 5 st, 2 sc in next st) around (21)

Round 14-15: Sc in each st around.  At end of last round, join with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off.

Muzzle:

Round 1:  With gray ch 2, 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook (4 sc)

Rnd 2-3:  (Sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) around.  At end of last rnd, join with sl st in first sc(9).  Fasten off.  Stuff.  Sew over rnds 7-9 of Head.  You are attaching the muzzle to the head when you do this.

Ear (Make 2):

Rnds 1-3:  With pink, repeat rnds 1-3 of Head and Body.  At end of last rnd, join with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off.

Rnd 4;  Join gray with sc in first st, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, (sc in each of next 2 st, 2 sc in next st) around, join as before (24). Fasten off.  Sew to top of Head on each side of Rnd 1.

Arm (Make 2):

Rnd 1:  Repeat rnd 1 of Head and Body.

Rnd 2-4:  Sc in each st around.   At end of last rnd, turn.

Row 5: (For the Shoulder):  Sc in each of rist 3 st, leaving last 3 sts unworked.  Fasten off, Stuff.  Sew over rnds 12-14 on side of Body.

Leg (Make 2)

Rnd 1:  repeat rnd 1 of head and body.

Rnd 2:  Sc in each st around, hoin with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off.

Rnd 3:  Join red with sc in first st, sc in each st around

Rnd 4:  Sc in each st around turn

Row 5: For hip, 2 sc in first st, sc in next st,  2 sc in next st keaving last three st unworked.  Fasten off, stuff.  With hip facing back, sew over rnds 17-19 of body ½ inch apart in front.

Tail:

With E hook and graym ch 13, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in each ch across.  Fasten off.  Sew to back of body on rnd 21.

Bow Tie:

Row 1:  With E hook and red, ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each ch across, turn (4sc)

Row 2:  Ch 1, sc first 2 st tog, sc last 2 st tog, turn (2 sc)

Row 3:  Ch 1, sc next 2 st tog, turn ( 1 sc)

Row 4:  Ch 1, sc in next st, turn

Row 5:  Ch 1, 2 sc in nect st, turn (2 sc)

Row 6:  Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, 2 sc in last st, turn (4)

Row 7:  Ch 1, sc in each st across, fasten off.

For tie, ch 20.  Fasten off. Place tie around neck tack ends tog.  Tack bow to center front of tie.

Finishing:

With black, using satin stitch, embroider eyes centered over muzzle on rnds 6-7 of Head ¾ inches apart.  With black embroider using satin stitch embroider nose on rnd 1 of muzzle.  For whiskers, cut 2 strands crochet cotton each 3 inches long.  With both strands held tog, tie knot 1 1/4 inches from 1 end, run thread through 1 side of muzzle to other side, tie knot on other side of muzzle to secure, trim.

For Girl:

Head and body, work rnds 1-11 same as boy's.

Rnd 12:  For dress, join red with sc in first st, n same st, 2 sc in each st around. (18)

Rnds 13-15:  Work rnds 13-15 of boy's head and body.

Rnd 16:  Working this rnd in back lps for panties, join white with sc in anh st, sc in each st around.

Rnd 17-22:  Work rnds 17 to 22 of boy's head and body.

Muzzle and ears, work same as boy's muzzle and ears.

Arm(make 2): 

Rnd 1:  With gray, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st in first sc (6 sc)

Rnd 2:  Join red with sc in first st, sc in each st around

Rnds 3-4:  Sc in each st around.  At end of last rd, turn

Row 5:  Work row 5 of boy's arm.  With shoulder facing back, sew over rnds 12-14 on each side of body.

Leg: Make 2

Rnds, 1-2:  work same as boys rounds 1 and 2

Rnds 3-4: Sc in each st around.  At end of last rnd, turn.

Rnd 5: Work same as boy's leg.  With hip facing back, sew over rnds 17-19 of body ½ inch apart in front. 

Work tail same as boy's.

Skirt

Rnd 1:  working in front lps of rnd 15 of head and body, join red with sl st in any st, ch 2, 2 hdc in next st,  (hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st) around to last st, hdc in last st, join with sl st in top of ch 2 (31 hdc).20.

Rnd 2:  Ch 1, sc I first st, ch 4, (sc in next st, ch 4) around, join with sl st in first sc.  Fasten off.

Collar:  With E hook and white, chain 20,  Sl st in 2nd ch from hook, (ch 2 skip next ch, sl st in next ch) across, fasten off.  Place around neck, tack in place.  With white using straight stitch, embroider 2 buttons below collar down center front of dress.  For Finishing, Work boy's finishing.

cajunlady
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 1:08 AM

the little mice are cute

sissywilcox
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM
I like the mice. I see we can use them for all seasons with the right yarn. I would like to thank you for posting the web site as well that is very nice of you.
kbpegasus
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 8:46 PM
The mice is from one of my craft books. The site is very helpful for crochet questions. i have been crocheting for many years and still look for help on stuff. I have a reading comprehension problem so following a pattern for me is twice as difficult as for most people.I belong to a couple of groups on line here where we try to help each other. Least I can do is pass that on here.
eds6619
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Thank you!  I think these would make adorable ornaments(if small enough).

Quoting kbpegasus:

Here is a site that might help you.  I learned a lot off this site.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-crochet-in-the-round.html

kbpegasus
by on Jul. 31, 2010 at 8:13 AM

They're only about 5 1/2 inches tall.  They really look cute on the tree too!

SaritaSurber
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 11:50 PM

These little mice are just too cute! I love them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)