Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself & kids here!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 376 Total Views

O so i'll start....

My name is Yohannah married for 8 yrs in July we have 4 kids, Matthew-17, Kevin-9, Nelson-5 and Alannah-4, moved from a small suburb right outside of Chicago called Summit, IL this past November made a year since we moved here, we had a tragic accident in the family my 9 yr old cousin was shot and killed at that point we decided that we needed to move somewhere safe for our kids, she was still just a baby..........so that's how we ended up in Normal, we love the peace and quiet but at times I miss my family and friends, hopefully I will make some new ones here.

by on Feb. 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lukesmommy25
by Group Owner on Feb. 5, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I am soo sorry to hear about your cousin.  So sad. 

I am Kimberly, I have been married for almost 9 years, and I am 29 years old!  My hubby and I have 2 children. Luke Stephen who will be 4 in April, and Gabrielle Susan who just turned 1!  We live in Hudson, IL.  I grew up out in the country near Carlock so I am from the area!  We love living here close to family!  I am so excited for us to get an active group going, and look forward to getting to know you all! 

KRob85
by Group Moderator on Feb. 6, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Im so sorry to hear that. Very sad! Im Kristina 25 yr old mother of 2. Isaiah is about to turn 5 next month and Alanna is 2 months now. I have been with my dh for 6 yrs and married for 4 in june. Im also excited to meet all the mommys here and hang out. Looks like all 3 of us have los around the 4 yr range. Very cool.
Manaroo
by Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Hi!  I'm Amanda!  I live in rural Lexington.  I have one child, Lucas, who is 18 months.  My husband, Joe, and I have been married for 3 years.  I am really looking forward to meeting some mommys in the area and finding some new friends for Lucas to play with!!

Lukesmommy25
by Group Owner on Apr. 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Hi Amanda!  Welcome to the group!  I hope we'll all get to know you better!  There is another mom that homeschools in this group.  I think it is XXpixiesworldxX.  Once again welcome!!

Jess1125
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Just joined the group. I"m Jessica. Mom of three, Kylie is 5, Jenna is 4 and Frankie is 2. We are in Leroy. I"m looking forward to meeting some new mommy's.

Lukesmommy25
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Welcome to the group Jessica, we've been a little slow lately, but hopefully things will pick up come spring time!

lannahgirl
by Group Moderator on Jan. 31, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Welcome Jessica hope to meet you and your children soon, we have been slow but come spring we will have all sorts of fun!

mhimhismom
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I'm Molly, 27 yr old mommy. My family and I moved up here in Aug so I could finish up my education. I have a 19 month old daughter Mhiana. We moved from Taylorville, a small town south of Springfield. There is definitely more to do here for us as a family. I'm looking forward to meeting some new moms!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hot_momma84
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hi Molly,

i thought when i signed up in this group i intro myself but guess i ididn't after all.

im 28 my daughter Alexis is 6. she loves playing with kids about any age yet sometimes gets in a big sister mood lol.

im barely on the groups mostly am on facebook lol. Yohannah is very sweet you'll like her. the others i havent really met but they are nice as well

in town we have the childrens discovery museum. its a great place a little pricey but worth the money. Our zoo is small but still worth it. in the summer we go to the water parks mostly unless we have a pool pass. chuckey cheese is well crazy lol but kind of fun. The normal public library has a neat play area in the upstairs for the kids.  if she was older id say roller skating or ice skating would be fun. you can also take her to tour the fire stations they get a free hat and you can take pictures of her in the fire trucks.

Quoting mhimhismom:

I'm Molly, 27 yr old mommy. My family and I moved up here in Aug so I could finish up my education. I have a 19 month old daughter Mhiana. We moved from Taylorville, a small town south of Springfield. There is definitely more to do here for us as a family. I'm looking forward to meeting some new moms!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/103994I     Ged Math http://www.cafemom.com/group/116620  Christian Bloomington/normal and surrounding area Bible study and more., . You can Join no matter what denomantion, Christian,Catholic,Lutheran, Baptist etc. There is no judgement .this group isn't just about me it is about you as well, my fellow sisters in Christ.(owner)

xMamaBearx
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Hello!

I'm back after a long absence. I have a new account here too. This is Amanda, 32, mom of two kids. We live in Bloomington. I currently have a nanny job. I rescue dogs on the side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN