Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be offended?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:36 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 234 Total Views
My mil and sil are taking the kids to get their pics taken today @ sears. They picked out the oufits and are paying for the pics but the thing is I just got their pics taken and spent 200.00 on them total. Apparently they didn't like the pics so they are taking I upon themselves to get some "ggod" pics of the kids. I was fine w it bc they can do whatever they want w their $ but my friend said it was disrespectful and she would be offended. Would you?

giving mom gift

~Kristina

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lannahgirl
by Group Moderator on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Well I would on the fact that I just got their pictures taken and spending a lot of money for them, what was wrong with the photos you took? That would be the question I ask myself.....well I don't like my mother-in-law anyway, but I guess they can do what they want with their money but that's just a waste if you ask me, i'll see if it was time for new pictures but you just took some!

Manaroo
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Do you like the pictures you just got taken??  If so, I wouldn't worry about it!!  Sounds like something my mil would do.  The only reason I would be offended is if they asked you to pay for part of the pics.  Hopefully they will get some cute shots and share them with you!!

Eko
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:27 AM

No, its family. Family members can never get enough pictures, trust me. All I hear from grandmas is when are you getting new pictures? Its like crack I tell you! lol I actually have an appointment with a couple ladies in Hudson this saterday at 1pm. I'm excited. 50 dollar sitting fee! BUT they do really good work... and they sell collages 2 for 20 bucks the day you come to order the photos you want. I'm going to get those and the disk with everything on it and just print them myself, so we're looking at i think 100 even. I dont think thats to bad. We used to pay 50+ for school pics and they arent even that cool, and you get one pose.

KRob85
by Group Moderator on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM
Yeah I love alannas newest photos. You can look @ my fb if you want. My friend is a photographer and did thm. Only reason it cos5t so much is bc I ordered sooooo many prits to share w all family. the kids are wearing diff outfits so I'm kinda excited. Didn't bother me they wanted to do it but constant feeling that anything I do isn't good enough is just old. Can't wait to see how they turn out tho!
Eko
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I know the feeling, my family is that way with me. My lil sister can do no wrong but i can do no right. It is old. I just ignore them now. I'm busy with homeschooling and taking care of other peoples kids anyways.

Lukesmommy25
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:37 AM

The timing is kind of odd.  Does your sister in law have kids too?  If they got pictures of your kids and her kids together that might be different maybe your MIL wanted pics of all her grandkids together?

Eko
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM

As long as the pictures turn out good and i got copies of them I wouldnt care. BUT you better get some of the pictures or then I would be offended.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)