Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i say my 3 year old is 2

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 1634 Total Views

i plan on doing the disney dinning plan and by saying my ds is 2 it save our family 400 dollars.....it says kids 2 and under can eat off the adults plate or get something off the menu...i am thinking even if he eats off the menus EVERY time that would save money since we are only going to be there for 4 days and 3 nights....he will have just turned 3 we we go...and i don't have to worry about him saying his age since he has a speech delay...lol

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kenziewenzie
by Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:03 AM

They ask for birthdates when you book your vacation.  I don't know if they really need proof of anything after you check in?  I would hate for them to find out after your trip is paid for that he is really 3 and you would have to come up with that money at the last minute.   I would say be honest and give his real birthday. 

AbnMomma
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Heck yeah.  We've done it with 3 of ours & will probably do it again.  When it comes to the parks and meals.  Mickey is one expensive mouse and he'll get his money one way or another.  However, if your kids is 3 and knows their 3, then do the right thing and pay.  It would be quite uncomfortable to have to go pay later on while you're there.  We've never had an issue before.  In fact when my oldest was 10, when we were paying for the mealplan at check in, the cast member said "so we have a 2 year old, 5 year old, and a 9 year old".  I appreciated that - BIG difference in money for that meal plan.

melissabilliot
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Quoting AbnMomma:

Heck yeah.  We've done it with 3 of ours & will probably do it again.  When it comes to the parks and meals.  Mickey is one expensive mouse and he'll get his money one way or another.  However, if your kids is 3 and knows their 3, then do the right thing and pay.  It would be quite uncomfortable to have to go pay later on while you're there.  We've never had an issue before.  In fact when my oldest was 10, when we were paying for the mealplan at check in, the cast member said "so we have a 2 year old, 5 year old, and a 9 year old".  I appreciated that - BIG difference in money for that meal plan.

thanks like i said i really doubt he will blow my cover....lol..but just in case my dh is going to keep the kids busy while i deal with all the checking in and stuff.....

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

Tara922c
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I wont lie. My dd turned 3 a couple of weeks before we went to disney. They did not ask us her birthdate when we booked the date, they just asked how old she was. Not one cast member asked us how old she was the entire week we were there. DD is also very small for her age, so I wasn't worried about it at all. They may ask you how old your ds is, but if you say 2, that will be the end of it. Unless he looks like a 4 year old, they are not going to ask for proof. I thik it boils down to what you think is right. A lot of people are going to tell you it is stealing, or wrong. You have to do what you and your family is compfertable with.

melissabilliot
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Quoting Tara922c:

I wont lie. My dd turned 3 a couple of weeks before we went to disney. They did not ask us her birthdate when we booked the date, they just asked how old she was. Not one cast member asked us how old she was the entire week we were there. DD is also very small for her age, so I wasn't worried about it at all. They may ask you how old your ds is, but if you say 2, that will be the end of it. Unless he looks like a 4 year old, they are not going to ask for proof. I thik it boils down to what you think is right. A lot of people are going to tell you it is stealing, or wrong. You have to do what you and your family is compfertable with.

stealing would be chargeing me 500 dollars to feed my son for 4 days and he only eat 3 or 4 bites from each meal.....

Duckkie
by Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I try not to get involved in these debates because it never ends well but..

That isn't Disney stealing from you at all. That is why they charge for 3-9 years old for a kids meal plan and tickets. If your child is three one day or eleven months before you go the honest and fair thing is to pay for his tickets and dining plan. Don't want to pay for it, then go while he is still truly two. People cheating the system is what will cause Disney to continue to raise prices to compensate. I can honestly say I don't want to pay for your child in higher prices for me and my family because you choose to be dishonest about the true age of your child.

Oh and yes when my children were 3 - 5 years old I did pay full ticket price for them. Especially my youngest who at 4.5 looked 18 months old and was still completely non verbal!

Quoting melissabilliot:

Quoting Tara922c:

stealing would be chargeing me 500 dollars to feed my son for 4 days and he only eat 3 or 4 bites from each meal.....

kenziewenzie
by Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Maybe it was just their age. I personally wouldnt lie about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sauthier
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I pay for my 3 year olds, and we go every year. I have been there many times with 1 year olds 18 months ect. They have asked her age, not at restaurants  but at the ticket area. I even had to have a birth certificate one time with my 2 year old, but that was for the resort airline check in.

nlonnon
by Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM

We sucked it up and paid for our 3 year old!  We knew that when we planned our trip she would turn 3, two months before we arrived.  Knowing that we budgeted for it.  I guess it boils down to your own personal beliefs of what you think right/wrong is.  But I'd go with the "better safe than sorry" approach.  It would be awful for you to get there and get asked to show proof then have to fork out xxx amount of extra dollars that you weren't planning on or may not have!

Megara
by Group Owner on Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:29 AM

This. 

My daughter will be 3 on 9/29 and we have purposely planned her character breakfast the week before her birthday so we do not have to pay for her, and we are going to MNSSHP the day before her birthday so we she doesn't need a ticket.  But on 9/29 she is 3 and I would not lie and say she is 2.  If you don't want to pay for him, you should go before his birthday.

Quoting Duckkie:

I try not to get involved in these debates because it never ends well but..

That isn't Disney stealing from you at all. That is why they charge for 3-9 years old for a kids meal plan and tickets. If your child is three one day or eleven months before you go the honest and fair thing is to pay for his tickets and dining plan. Don't want to pay for it, then go while he is still truly two. People cheating the system is what will cause Disney to continue to raise prices to compensate. I can honestly say I don't want to pay for your child in higher prices for me and my family because you choose to be dishonest about the true age of your child.

Oh and yes when my children were 3 - 5 years old I did pay full ticket price for them. Especially my youngest who at 4.5 looked 18 months old and was still completely non verbal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)