Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first trip to wdw going may 2011 (sum questions)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 264 Total Views
Hi we r planning our 1st trip to wdw in may & was wondering if may is a good time to go how's the weather crowd any tips u have for a first timer? Also we r thinking bout doing the dining plan stay 7 nights 8 days & go to all the parks including water parks we r staying on site @ the movies resort oh & we want to do the park hopper has anyone done the hopper & is it worth it? Thanks for any comments in advance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tigger0281
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:27 PM

We went last June and are going again in April. You can go to www.allears.net to get help with the crowds at different times of year. We stayed at the movies resort last year and it was nice. We were only in there for sleeping and resting so we didn't need anything really over the top. The dining plan is a GREAT thing! I highly recommend it to anyone going down there. We saved a lot by doing that. We also did the park hopper and that was nice to have. We went with my parents and one night we left Epcot and my parents watched the boys for us and hubby and I went to the magic kingdom and hung out. It was nice to be able to do both the same day.

nlonnon
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:22 PM

We didn't do the dinning package, and it worked well for us.  As for the park hopper, we enjoyed the benefit of it because we knew we could go where ever when ever so if we needed to change plans for the day we could and it was not stressful!

boppysmom2007
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:03 AM

park hopper is really nice we didnt wait very long at all. movies resort is really cool to thats where we stayed in may of this year. may is hot but not dying hot we went on star wars weekend so it was crowded. but it is defintly a blast

livysmom04
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I took my daughter this past May and the crowds were not bad at all. We went the 1st week in May. The weather was extremely hot but they said that normally the weather is very nice in the mid 80's during the first half of May. This year was just unusual for the weather. We did the dining plan which was awesome because it saved us a lot of money. We ate at some very nice restaurants and also did alot of character dinings as well. The park hopper option is very nice to have

proudmom424
by Member on Sep. 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Thanks ladies we decided to do the dining plan & use the park hopper but we changed our minds on the water parks since it is our 1st time & don't know where anything is & all our main focus will b the 4 theme parks & then on our next trip we plan on going more after this then we will do the water parks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)