Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Magic, Memories and you

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 650 Total Views

Hey All,

My friend from work is going to WDW in Feb. 2012.  We have had conflicting reports regarding The Magic, the Memories and you.  Does anyone know when this is running to??  Reports have been that it's running till the end of Feb. but some reports say it's over in September.  Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks for the help!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaJessx3
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM
I was unaware that it was only a temporary thing? I thought it was a permanent show...it's my favorite show at MK! I hope they don't get rid of it.
It was on there last night though....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
super.nana
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I was unaware that it was only a temporary thing? I thought it was a permanent show...it's my favorite show at MK! I hope they don't get rid of it.
It was on there last night though....

I read that it will be going to Feb. 2012 and Sept. 2011.  So I'm at a loss with this one.  And I know that DL and WDW do things differently so it could be different for each park.  I'll be in DL in a couple of weeks so I will look into it then.  I'm excited to see it live!  They started doing it just after I left on my last visit. 

Thanks

Tigger0281
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I don't know for sure, but from what I have read on the Disney World Mom's panel, they are expecting it at least until the end of the year:

Hi - My family is planing on attending the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in December. On the nights the party is held, does Disney do the Magic, Memories and You show on the Castle? Or would we have to see this on a non-party night? Thanks!

- Asked by Charlene from PA on 6/1/2011
Answer Hi Charlene,

The Magic, The Memories and You show is currently scheduled on most nights (sometimes up to two shows per evening after the sun goes down) depending on Magic Kingdom's operating hours and other special ticketed events. Make sure to check the Times Guide on the days you are visiting for specific show times. This is the first year that this show has been performed on Cinderella's Castle, so I am not sure if Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will affect the show times for The Magic, The Memories and You show. It is not a replacement for Wishes (it happens approximately 30 minutes prior to Wishes), so I would suspect that the special Holiday Wishes Fireworks Show for MVMCP would not affect these shows either, but that is just my hunch. There is also the enchanted Castle Dream Lights on Cinderella's Castle during that time of year which could affect this show, and then again maybe not, so double check the Times Guide for up to date information when you arrive.

Best wishes,
Brigitta
MamaJessx3
by Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 8:20 AM
I just searched for anything i could find for an "ending date" and couldn't find anything. I think the memories show is permanant. Or at least as permanant as anything can get at Disney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlefoots
by Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 1:23 PM

So far there is nothing in the Disney TA system about when this will be ending..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)