Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to heat food in room?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 233 Total Views

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge (not the villas) and want to have oatmeal for breakfasts. How do we heat it up? There is no microwave in the room and I can't find other info.

1. Can I rent a microwave?

2. Do they have a food court? Or other public place with a microwave?

3. Is that place far from the rooms?

Thanks for the help.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tightwadmomto2
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I believe that they have a microwave in the food court. I know that there is a toaster and a hot water dispenser ( I drink tea in the morning).

I am not sure about renting a microwave. Hopefully someone will have that answer for you.

Have a great trip! :)

Quoting LovemyQ:

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge (not the villas) and want to have oatmeal for breakfasts. How do we heat it up? There is no microwave in the room and I can't find other info.

1. Can I rent a microwave?

2. Do they have a food court? Or other public place with a microwave?

3. Is that place far from the rooms?

Thanks for the help.

nlonnon
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Can you just use hot water from the coffee pot (free and in your room) to heat the oatmeal?  We stayed at CBR and there were microwaves in the food court area.  The distance depended on what "island" you were staying on.

LovemyQ
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Quoting nlonnon:

Can you just use hot water from the coffee pot (free and in your room) to heat the oatmeal?  We stayed at CBR and there were microwaves in the food court area.  The distance depended on what "island" you were staying on.

We were thinking that is a possiblity, but I don't like it with water, boohoo. I want almond milk. I am currently trying hard to like oatmeal, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)