Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planning a Disney World trip after Thanksgiving...have questions!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

I've been to Disney numerous times but we always go in May.  We are planning to go the week after Thanksgiving to see it decorated for Christmas.  My main question is, is it still usually warm enough to swim???  Any other advice or tips or what to watch out for going around that time would be greatly appreciated before we book it this week!  Like are prices higher for park tix, what to take, wear, etc...   Thanks so much!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamaJessx3
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM
That first week of December is the best week to go crowd-wise! It's dead then, so you picked a great time!

The weather here that time of year is unpredictable. It all depends on if there's a cold front or not. You'll just have to keep an eye on the forecast before you come.

Prices are always the same for park tickets so don't worry about that.

As far as what to bring to wear, i'd pack a couple pairs of shorts, a couple pants and maybe some capris. T-shirts or tank tops and then a sweater or light jacket. You shouldn't need more than that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Razzle_Dazzle1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

It will probably be warm enough. We went in early April, for spring break, and the water was nice and warm. My mother once went to Panama beach in November and she said that the water was fine. Have fun! My fiance and I are thinking about going their, with our collective kids, for our honeymoon.

littlefoots
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM

If you are only going to parks( not staying with a package etc) .. you will want to buy your tickets around August.. Usually they announce when the rates will increase for park tickets..but you can still purchase them ahead of time with the current price(before said increase date). If you are not in Florida to prepurchase in person.. you can always do it online or phone with Disney as well as check out a few sites online such as Undercover Tourist that are authorized to sell them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)