Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dining Plan

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

We got the Quick Meals dining plan for when we are going to Disney.  We are staying 6 nights (11/2-11/8)...but I'm confused on what exactly we will get.  Do you get one big bunch of food passes for the number of nights you are there or do they go by date?

We arrive around 4pm on 11/2 and leave around 7pm on 11/8.  Obviously we will not need the all meals and snacks on 11/2...and it would be nice to have some meals and snacks on 11/8...

Basically, do you have to use them on a specific date?

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM
They are connected to your kttw card. You can use them when you like. If you want to spend 3 meals in one day you can. You also have until midnight the day you check out to use the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livysmom04
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Yep. As long as you use your credits by midnight the night before you check out your good.

Quoting reneawesley:

They are connected to your kttw card. You can use them when you like. If you want to spend 3 meals in one day you can. You also have until midnight the day you check out to use the rest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllAboutKeeley
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Ohhh...so it's a card that each of us are given?

So we get 2 quick-service meals and 1 snack a day x 6 nights = 12 quick-service meals and 6 snacks put on the card...and these can be used ANYTIME between 11/2 and 11/8?

COOL!

reneawesley
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM
That's it. Plus all the cards are linked so when you pay you only have to hand over one card. Each person doesn't have to pay individually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllAboutKeeley
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM

That is even better!  Thanks

They really need to make this stuff clear...or maybe they do and I missed it.

crazybones27
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Your credits are good till midnight the day you check out so they will be good till 11:59pm on 11/8 :-). A lot of people including my family arrive way before their rooms are ready and get our room keys so we can start using our dining plan and get to the parks. So even if your room isn't ready when you check in you will still have access to your dining plan and park tickets :-).
Wish2Be
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Can the cards be purchased for 1 day ? In advance ? How expensive are they?

sweetie246
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM

where did you go to get this dining plan?  Is it on the official website?  I already have my resort (outside Disney) and our park tickets but I'm thinking about checking out the dinning plan.  I had read somewhere that they opened it up to everyone, not just Disney Resort guests.

littlefoots
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Quoting sweetie246:

where did you go to get this dining plan?  Is it on the official website?  I already have my resort (outside Disney) and our park tickets but I'm thinking about checking out the dinning plan.  I had read somewhere that they opened it up to everyone, not just Disney Resort guests.

Dining plans are only available if you stay on property at a select Disney owned resort.    Dining Plan Info

SBitzer
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:18 AM

No.  Think of your dining plan as a "bank".  Each time you eat a meal you make a withdrawl on your account.  So if you only eat 1 of your meals on the day you arrive, you will have an extra one to use later in the week.  Since you are there 6 nights, each person in your family will get 12 meals.  You can spread them out however you wish.  I am a travel agent who specializes in Disney so feel free to contact me for any thing you need (it's free!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN