• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 314 Total Views

Have you ever taken snacks into Disney World?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livysmom04
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Yes, we have taken snacks into the park. We sometimes pack fun things like fruit snacks, goldfish and sometimes apple bites. As long as it's not in a glass container you should be fine. We have also brought in drinks like water, and capri suns for my daughter. Much better than other amusement parks where they don't allow you to bring in snacks. Also you have to have a small cooler like a collapsable but can't be a rolling one. If you have any other questions let me know. I'd be happy to help.

wandep
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Thanks. We have been before but I don't think we took snacks in. The last time we spent a week there and stayed at the cabins. It was nice. This time we took advantage of the Florida residence deal and will be going 4x's for 1 day. We will leave on Friday and spend the night off site and go to the park of choice on Saturday. We're doing it cheap this time and we want to try not eating at the park if we can help it. We are going 2x's in April, 1x in May, and 1x in June. :) So excited!

Quoting livysmom04:

Yes, we have taken snacks into the park. We sometimes pack fun things like fruit snacks, goldfish and sometimes apple bites. As long as it's not in a glass container you should be fine. We have also brought in drinks like water, and capri suns for my daughter. Much better than other amusement parks where they don't allow you to bring in snacks. Also you have to have a small cooler like a collapsable but can't be a rolling one. If you have any other questions let me know. I'd be happy to help.

livysmom04
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I don't blame you one bit for trying to save money! If we lived closer I'm sure my daughter and I would be there everyday or every weekend. But we live a good 8 hours away and my hubby won't let us go by ourselves. LOL

Charlotte S

Mother to Olivia Renee, 4/26/04

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

wandep
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Where are you from? I'm from Tallahassee.

Quoting livysmom04:

I don't blame you one bit for trying to save money! If we lived closer I'm sure my daughter and I would be there everyday or every weekend. But we live a good 8 hours away and my hubby won't let us go by ourselves. LOL

livysmom04
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We live in North Carolina. We live about 30 miles from the South of the Border. :)

Charlotte S

Mother to Olivia Renee, 4/26/04

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

mbrowne1
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Absolutely take snacks in. My niece and sil are both diabetic so when we go with them, there are always snacks with us. There is never an issue with bringing them in. 

wandep
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Thanks y'all. Was wondering about it. I think I am going to take some in my backpack. The kids will get hungry and we're trying not to eat in the park at all other than a treat later in the day.

MomtoMandJ
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Yes, all the time.  It's a lot cheaper.  I take small packages of animal crackers and a small tub of peanut butter, packaged carrots and ranch dressing, craisins, raisins, fruit bites, and water bottles.  If I have to buy a meal, I get the kids' meal, ask for carrots and grapes instead of fries, and if the kids do not eat them right away, they go in my pack for later.

Ana the librarian

Mom to Mori & Jora

crazybones27
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I bring a big bag of snack, frozen juice boxes, and extra water and juice for all. Our kids are small 4 and 3 so I need constant snacks and I prefer to bring fruit and stuff for them. I've never had a problem in any park going through security. The only thing they will stop you with is alcohol.
wandep
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Thanks everyone. I finally got an email back from my cousin that works there at Epcot and he said it is fine. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)