Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

half on site & half off site?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 105 Total Views

Hello!  

We are headed to Disney in October and will be staying on site for half of our stay and off site for half of our stay.  When I looked at booking our room, tickets, and such it gave me the option to buy more tickets then the number of days I am staying on site.  So for example we are staying on site for 4 days.  My plan was to spend 6 days in Disney from the 14-24.  We will be spending the first half of our trip in an off site hotel right outside of Disney and the last half of our visit on site at the Art of Animation hotel.

So here is my question.  When attempting to book all of this the site will allow me to purchase 6 days of tickets w/ park hopper and dinning plan even though I am only staying on site for 4 days.    So how does this work I thought I read that when staying on site everything is linked to your room key?  If we are not staying on site until the end are we able to get the first part of our tickets before our reservations and if I am able to select the dinning plan with the 6 tickets can I use those on the days we are in the park but before our actual reservation?

I really want the dining plan for our trip I think it would work well for my family but I also don't want to pay for this and then have problems when we get there!

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mbrowne1
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM

The park tickets are activated when you check in. You can get your room key early on the morning you check in, so that you can use the park tickets for that day, all day, it just won't access your room until it is ready. You won't be able to use the park tickets while you are staying off property because they won't have it activated yet. 

Your dining plan would be for the number of nights that you stay on property. They expire at midnight of the day you check out. Again, it is linked directly to your room, so you could start using the dining plan early on the day you check in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN