Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Magic Bands

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 206 Total Views
Do the magic bands have a "lost and found" function for kids in case they get separated from their parents? I was going to buy temp tattoos for DD in the event we get separated, but I thought maybe the Magic Bands had this function. I can't find any answer via Google. Anyone know?
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
casah4
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Not as far as I know.

SamMom912
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I dont think so. 

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I can't find anything about it. You'd think they'd have something installed for younger kids' bands, though.

Quoting SamMom912:

I dont think so. 

dsmills8668
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM
It is a room key..wonder if they can find the room your in?
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM

That's a good point. And attach a cell number to the room...?

Quoting dsmills8668: It is a room key..wonder if they can find the room your in?

mbrowne1
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

When Magic Bands were first offered, we had a training course on them. The question about tracking lost children came up specifically. They cannot track your children with it. (Not even unofficially!) There is very little that they can see in fact. Your best idea is to have the temporary tattoo on your child (or an id bracelet) and then teach them that if they can't find you to find a cast member immediately. While the cast members wear different clothing in each area of the parks, their id badges will be the same.

Disney handles lost children really, really well. My nephew was lost a few years ago at Magic Kingdom after the final fireworks. We talked to a cast member and within minutes my nephew was found. It felt like hours to us and he was a fair distance from where we were but really it was only minutes and cast members had him and we were all reunited. 

Another friend lost her youngest in Animal Kingdom when the little one was distracted by something in a store. Again, they were amazing in finding her quickly with a happy reunion was right after. 

Separation happens more often than we probably think. Disney is so smooth with it and they have their codes to alert all cast members to be on the look out for lost children. Take a few extra precautions and make your children aware of what to do if they are separated but hopefully you'll have an uneventful vacation. 

Here's a blog I wrote on lost children at Disney if you are interested:

http://www.meandthemouse.com/blog/lost-at-disney-world/

suroundedbyboys
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:55 AM
I was just working on my magic band yesterday and it said there is no identification linked to it. It holds your meal allotments, fast passes and room key. Inside they imprint a name of your choice, maybe you could do a phone number.
My SIL told me she planned on getting a dog tag made with cell numbers on it, then you string it in the child's shoe lace by there toes. I Work at a vet and we have really cool customizable tags by red dingo so I thought about that, but my younger 2 don't wear lace shoes :(
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I ended up getting SafetyTats. Ever hear of those? They're waterproof temp tattoos you can write your phone number on. I read parents' reviews about these and how they worked so well in Disney (you know, with the heat, sweat, and water), and all reviews were excellent. So I'm gonna try those.

But really, you'd think a lost-and-found device would have been part of the Magic Bands, unless it's a liability thing.

Quoting suroundedbyboys: I was just working on my magic band yesterday and it said there is no identification linked to it. It holds your meal allotments, fast passes and room key. Inside they imprint a name of your choice, maybe you could do a phone number.
My SIL told me she planned on getting a dog tag made with cell numbers on it, then you string it in the child's shoe lace by there toes. I Work at a vet and we have really cool customizable tags by red dingo so I thought about that, but my younger 2 don't wear lace shoes :(
nomadbrat83
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:53 AM
I am guessing it is a liability and cost issue

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I ended up getting SafetyTats. Ever hear of those? They're waterproof temp tattoos you can write your phone number on. I read parents' reviews about these and how they worked so well in Disney (you know, with the heat, sweat, and water), and all reviews were excellent. So I'm gonna try those.

But really, you'd think a lost-and-found device would have been part of the Magic Bands, unless it's a liability thing.

Quoting suroundedbyboys: I was just working on my magic band yesterday and it said there is no identification linked to it. It holds your meal allotments, fast passes and room key. Inside they imprint a name of your choice, maybe you could do a phone number.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)